Weekly weigh-in: 271.8
Gain: 1.3 lbs
Total loss: 18.7 lbs.
Got up early this morning in anticipation of 5 lb. (or greater) loss, but my scale had other plans. Really can't understand it because I was pretty solid all week. Sat down and made list of possible explainations.
- Ate out at lunch yesterday with teenage daughter; had Ethiopian food, which features bready substance called "teff" (which is Ethiopian for "instant weight gain bread")
- Did a lot of weight training this week; we all know muscle weighs more than fat
- Had somewhat larger dinner and salty snacks on Friday
- Maybe time to pay the piper for two fantastic weeks of losses
- Drank a few Light Muscle Milk drinks after workouts; maybe they were some of those crazy "weight gaining" drinks that I laugh every time I think about
- House buried on ancient Indian burial ground; spirit world could be involved somehow
- Water retention? Time of the month? Baseball season?
- Shouldn't have weighed in wearing heavy mask to prevent swine flu
- After 40something years on this earth, still don't understand Jack Sh*t about weight loss
So the scale doesn't love me today.
It will next week.