Friday, May 1, 2009

Pan-Error Bread Company


Here's a perfect example of how eating out can absolutely hamstring your weight loss efforts. I took my 10-year-old out to breakfast this morning before dropping her off at school. We stopped in Panera Bread Company, where I tried to make a sensible choice for my morning meal. I decided to go with the Spinach and Artichoke Baked Soufflé, a small eggy little bugger that wasn't much bigger than a hockey puck.

It was very tasty, but I had a bad feeling about it after the first bite. I wound up letting my daughter have half of it and worked on the cup of fairly bland fruit I'd gotten as well. When I got back to a computer, I looked up the nutritional information on my breakfast.

Yikes.

Glad I opted for only half (and what an unsatisfying experience eating half of a hockey puck is). Definitely not worth the extra half hour on the treadmill.

Moral of the story: soufflé... no weigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails