Sunday, May 24, 2009

Somebody Just Stepped In It...



There was a time (yesterday) when I held a certain smug satisfaction that, in the entire weight loss blogging community… hell, in the entire internet… that Jack Sh*t, Gettin’ Fit had been the sole recipient of the Really Sh*tty Weight Loss Blog award.

I’ve been thinking about bestowing this award on Dina at Pseudogout ever since she started begging for it like a fat kid after a chocolate cupcake.

But before just sending it off all willy-nilly, I decided that I needed to establish some ground rules for the award, so that it doesn’t lose any of its current luster and prestige. After all, we don’t want to see the internet just get overrun with sh*tty blogs.

First off, there’s no passing it on to five, ten, fifteen bloggers. You don’t see Kate Winslet get handed an Oscar and then having to go give duplicate statues to Meryl Streep, Charlize Theron and Phyllis Diller. If there’s somebody you really want to recognize for their sh*tty contributions to the weight loss community, please feel free to do so. But it’s not a requirement.

Speaking of requirements, you must (like the Oscars) write an eloquent acceptance speech in which you name five… no ten… no seven things you admire about the person that gave you the award. That may sound self-serving, but… well, now that I think about it, it’s incredibly self-serving. My award, my rules.

Speaking of rules, that’s all the rules. See how nice and simple my award is? Not a lot of rules and sh*t.

So, congratulations Dina for providing some much-needed entertainment wrapped in a layer of general snarkiness with a delicious glaze of everyday WTF. It’s exactly the kind of blog that embodies this award. This sh*t’s for you, Dina!

5 comments:

  1. I just knew I was sh*tty enough!!! Thanks for making my day (that and finding my ferret stuck in the washer, but still alive!).

    I'll write up my speech later :) I can't wait to post that sh*t (the asterisk is catchy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making an award specifically for sh*tty blogs. I will make sure to check out Dina's blog because of your post; I am sure there are more sh*tty blogs to come out of this sh*tty award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you found Rikki! The MySpace message to him worked...I KNEW it would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dina...she is deserving of such a sh*tty award! She rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And in the words of 50 cent,

    "I love you like a fat kid loves cake"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails