Friday, May 15, 2009

One Month Down

I generally treat this space as a place to pontificate, a (much-needed) trip to the psychiatrist or (more often than not) stand-up night at a really bad comedy club, but I don’t want to forget that I’m here for the same reason you’re here: because I am on a weight loss journey.

I’ve recently logged in my first month and I just wanted to take a quick look-see at my progress and accomplishments.

Good news: I’ve lost weight (25.8 lbs. to be exact).
Bad news: Had to retire my favorite belt.

Good news: I’ve joined a gym right around the corner from my office and am exercising daily.
Bad news: Laundry has quadrupled (and gotten extra stinky)

Good news: I’m making better food choices.
Bad news: Vending machine sales at my office are way down.

Good news: I haven’t had a diet soda in over a month.
Bad news: Guess who gets the money from the office vending machines?

Good news: I bought myself a fancy VitaMix blender and am blending up anything and everything.
Bad news: The cat is missing.

Good news: I’m down a pants size.
Bad news: I own more pants that I’m too big for than ones that fit.

Good news: I’m sleeping better, moving better and feeling better.
Bad news: I didn’t do this sooner.

Good news (for me): I’ve started my own weight loss blog.
Bad news (for everybody else): I’ve started my own weight loss blog.

Thanks to everyone who’s stopped by and shared their time and comments with me. I really do appreciate it.

Update





More good news: I won a very prestigious blogging award (thanks …45 and Aspiring)
More bad news: It looks like the wallpaper in my grandmother’s bathroom (thanks a lot, …45 and Aspiring)

14 comments:

  1. love your list of accomplishments, and your sense of humor..it's is absolutely fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, that is almost a pound a day!

    You have to put the blog award over there in your blog award section...you have to!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of those blenders! Good thing I dont have a cat!

    GREAT job on your first month! Wow! You are off to an amazing start!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew - the cat???? How many points were in that, and really, honestly, was it a wise food choice?? A good use of your points? ;o)

    Seriously though - good going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! It's supposed to be the thought that counts! I don't care if you keep it!! :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some serious weight loss in 1 month! I am rather jealous. :)

    Love your blog and congrats on the nice frilly award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cat is missing...too funny. Congrats on the loss. You're a machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gave me my chuckle before going to work :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was going to post a comment in here, but I ran off to put on yet another load of laundry instead...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE. THIS. BLOG.
    but seriously kudos your numbers so far and the many things besides. *high fives* to being on a good track.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ermmm ... that vitamix blender? that you bought for YOURself? was a mother's day gift to your wife. just a reminder :)
    I'm late to the dance here but really, Jack, kudos on the fantastic weight loss.
    eat less ... move more ... you might be on to something.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails