Thursday, May 7, 2009

No Turning Back


"Be courageous and bold. When you look back on your life,
you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."

–Erma Bombeck

I’m proud of myself, and I’m proud of you.

I’ve started following a sh*tload of weight loss blogs, and just about every one of them gives me a shot of adrenaline, a boost in my daily struggles and a renewed sense of purpose as I make my own path to this distant shining city we’re all seeking.

We’re doing it, people.

We really are.

Some days are better than others, but haven’t some days always been better than others? There are setbacks, to be sure, but when I bounce around the blogosphere, I see more stories of success than admissions of defeat. I see more reasons to smile than excuses to cringe. I see optimism. I see anticipation. I see hope.

We’re making a change.

For the better.

For good.

I’ve been at this for nearly a month now, and I’m finally getting my rhythm, feeling like… well… like a weight is being lifted, from my body and from my soul.

I haven’t gone far yet, but I’ve gone far enough to know I can’t turn back now. I’m not going to quit, because you’re not going to quit. We’re in this for the long haul, whatever it takes, however long it takes.

We may have a lot to lose (I know I do), but we’ve got even more to gain.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    This is a great post. I agree with you about blogs. It helps build a momentum reading. Someone else's pound lost is like my own--I feel just as happy for them as I do for my own losses.

    My DH and I were talking the other night about my journey, and we both agree that I wouldn't be as happy and positive about the process if it were not for the blog, the blogging community, and the friendships I'm making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I feel like you took the words right out of my mouth! I see the hope and know we can do this!

    Thanks for following my blog, btw. It will be nice getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a secret society on the internet!!!!

    How did I not find you earlier?????

    Love your blog, good stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your comment and post! I never knew the blog world existed until I started on my weight loss journey. We are better together on this journey then wandering alone, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There seriously are a lot of us out there. It's pretty wacky when you think about it. Fatties Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, there are a lot of us out there, but our group is getting smaller every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel all giddy!! Thanks for this post Jack!!
    (It's ok if I call ya just "Jack", right?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails