Sunday, May 31, 2009

How Committed Am I?

  • I am 1,000,000% committed
  • I will work 25/8/366 …that’s right, 25 hours a day, eight days a week, 366 days a year (except for Leap Year, in which I will work 367 days!)
  • I believe there is no “I” in “failure”
  • I am so committed, I make a couple’s 50th wedding anniversary look like a first date
  • I ripped the page with “quit” on it out of the dictionary (can somebody help me spell quintecential, quentisental, quentasential…grrrrrr)
  • There’s an old saying: “An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises.” Well, I’m going to deliver 10 gallons of performance, which is worth, like, 100 pounds of promises.
  • I’m more committed than Lassie trying to bring help for little Timmy, who got his *ss stuck in the well
  • I’m getting a tattoo that says “Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek” on my ring finger.
  • I am infinity times infinity plus infinity committed
  • Consider a breakfast served to you of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved in the breakfast. The pig is committed. I am ten times more committed than that pig.
  • When you go to www.100-percent-commitment.com, it would redirect to this blog site if I had had the foresight to buy that domain name a few years ago when it was available.
  • If you could see my face right now, you’d see that I’m gritting my teeth in an expression of absolute total commitment.
  • I will never, ever give up… and if I do ever give do give up, I promise I will shoot myself in the face with a water gun filled with honey and stick my entire head in a fire ant hole… but
    I won’t because I will never, ever give up…and if I do, I’ll do the fire ant thing…but I won’t because I just won’t!*

*And if I do, FIRE ANTS!

11 comments:

  1. Well you sound really freakin committed. Which is good because you have to be to succeed. You are doing great so far, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but do you think you will stick with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope those fire ants are as committed, if not more. If you aren't missing at least half your face when you come out of that hole, then I have no choice but to question the commitment of both parties involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you come up with this stuff on your own? I love reading it, it never fails to make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest, the fat guy in the mirror helps me out quite a bit on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack, I'm waiting for a Chuck Norris type entry, this came close but I'm going to need to see something along the lines of "Chuck Norris can eat just one Lay's potato chip". Either that or something like one of the Bud Light Real Men of Genius commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. You're almost as committed as this guy:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2mHkQUBEpM&feature=related

    ALMOST! =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm inspired by your commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you get your body as fit as your brain, then you are gonna have to add "Lalanne" to your name.

    Love the new profile song!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I will print this post and post it in my office cube.

    Three notes:
    1) Stop gritting your teeth. It can make them all raggedy on the ends and that makes French kissing all gritty and distracting for your partner (I used to date a teeth gritting weight lifter, trust me on this one).

    2) I like the idea of just shooting myself in the face with a water gun when my focus gets off. . . what would people think?

    3) How odd that you have never told us about your obvious debilitation that must cause many social, fashion, cooking, head scratching challenges in your life. . . how long and big is that ring finger anyway?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails