Monday, May 4, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again


Setback Sunday p*ssed me off, but I know I can't use that as an excuse to stray off course. I know that I'm doing well and I know that the scale doesn't always want to keep up the pace. In the past, I'll be doing well without seeing any results and then...BAM... pounds start falling like rain.

I guess that's one of the constant struggles we all face on our individual weight loss journeys. The path is filled with peaks and valleys, twists and turns. One week you're expecting the worst and see a miraculous drop; one week you think you're golden and the scale reaches up and b*tchslaps you.

But it's not a race. I need to keep telling myself that. There is no finish line. There's just a path, with lots of places to get turned around, sidetracked or even (occasionally) completely lost. It's a hard path... mostly uphill unfortunately... but it's a trek I've been on before and one that I have a half-way decent roadmap.

One foot in front of the other. That's the only way to do it, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. This is the hard part for me and who knows why because I know everything you said is true. But still seems sometimes when I have a bad weigh in I give myself permission to go off track. I know if I just stay true to it the weight will come off. It's also tough to realize that this is for life, sure I know it to be true but man the thought of always living this way doesn't thrill me. I don't mean eating better and exercise but the constant obsessing about it. I'm hoping one day I can just life healthy. good post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails