That’s the theme for today’s ramblings… the on-and-on-and-on nature of what lies ahead of me, of you, of all of us.
This has to be about more than losing 20 lbs., losing 50 lbs., losing 100 lbs. It needs to be about a life change, a realization (and acceptance) that the old ways, the old habits, the old mindsets produced a person that wasn’t comfortable in his own ever-expanding skin.
I want to feel better about myself.
I want to feel better.
- …to take off my shirt when I mow the lawn
- …to be a good example to my family
- …look good in clothes again
- …to be proud of myself
- …to continue playing hoops against guys half my age
- …to go swimming without feeling self-conscious
- …to end my self-destructive weight loss/gain yo-yo-ing
- …to eat right… and like it
- …to look in the mirror and see the person I see inside my head
- …to understand that I am the master of my destiny, the captain of my soul