Monday, May 4, 2009

The "F" Word


No, not that "F" word (though I do use that one liberally, usually when I'm helping other motorists understand about their sh*tty driving). I mean "fat". This past weekend, I was at the grocery store and overheard a cashier complaining to a co-worker about pain in his joints.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"Well," he replied instantly and seemingly without a modicum of shame, guilt or remorse. "I'm fat, to be perfectly honest. I'm just fat, and my joints hurt."

He was big and a little more out of shape than I am, but if you stripped us down and stood us side by side... well, you'd poke your eyes out with a sharp stick. But then you'd say our body types aren't all that dissimilar, which is a d*mn shame because I don't really consider myself... you know... the "F" word.

Technically (as my Wii Fit console likes to point out), I'm obese, which my dictionary defines as "grossly fat or overweight." Is the "gross" part really necessary? C'mon, Wii Fit! How's about "pleasantly plump" or "charmingly chunky"?

If you're here, then chances are you're... well... we're the "F" word.

We've chosen to do something about it though, so I say good for us.

And will we be successful?

F*ck yeah!

2 comments:

  1. I'm "F"ing fat. Or is that F-ing F.

    You're right, we're here doing something about it, good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love this one....I jsut wrote about being fat and ok with that word but not ok with Obese...then I decided I HAD to read your blog form teh beginning...so that is how I am spending my blogging time today...reading you. You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails