Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fabulosity Comes to Those Who Weight


Welcome to "Same Old Sh*t" Saturday, where I shine the JSGF spotlight on other bloggers and their favorite posts from yesteryear (or, more likely, a few months back). Today's post features a little double trouble in the form of the Super Fitness Wonder Twins Kymberly and Alexandra who blog over at Fun and Fit. I can safely say that they are my absolute favorite identical twin fitness bloggers...

Dearest Fun and Fit:Kymberly and Alexandra

I’m a glamorous lady person in need of your hilarious sarcasm and expert advice.  I am on a quest to create home improvement magic but have found a limit to even MY glittertastic capabilities: that drill can get quite heavy after awhile.  Even though I have a fantastically large amount of shoes I have an embarrassingly small amount of upper body strength.  The only workout my arms probably get includes swiping my credit card at the hardware store and raising martinis to pour down my throat.  Unfortunately I have a busy schedule of kicking ass, taking names and other general fabulosity. (I need) general upper body strength not just biceps – things like … painting ceilings or weedeating for long periods of time, etc. get to be a problem and I’m too independent (cheap) to hire that (&$%*&) out. I’m thinking I’m not the only girl who has this problem so I hope others can relate!! Can you recommend some effective exercises to tone me up in no time so I can show my house who’s boss?  I toast my martini to you!  Ok it’s really just a glass of cheap wine.

Yours always in Fabulosity,

Madame Sunday

Chattanooga, TN which I call Chattavegas because it makes me (and it) seem waaaay more glam



Dear Madame Sunday:
A: You want to look like the ladies above, but instead you are more like this:

:

First of all, for triceps, do this exercise,

 

To make it easy for you, Fun and Fit are only suggesting beginner exercises that require hand-held weights and/or your body weight. But we do recommend these weights for the triceps kickback (where’s our endorsement fee Centurions?):



Then do this exercise for shoulders, chest and triceps:




After which you will be able to do this for painting the ceiling:




Glam people inspire jealousy so you have to accept that people will be talking behind your back. So make sure it’s a well-toned back.



And, finally we come to the core. Are you rotten to the core? If so, place your exercise mat on top of this:



so you can be carried around in true glam style while doing the side plank.

 

So, have you figured out that we are recommending a complete upper-body overhaul? No oil change or tire rotation required. When you have done all these exercises and are super hot glam fab toned shiny and sparkly, let us know so we can give you the biceps and latissimus dorsi exercises too! Ahahaaaaaaa. Get to Work Lady Person!

K: You set a high bar with your humor and fabulosity (you can pick whether I am referring to high barbells, highballs, or high people in bars). You would be well-served (and who doesn’t want to be well-served?) to add push-ups to your repertoire.  Ideally you would do these suggested upper body and ab exercises (especially the push-ups) at least three times a week, 15-20 repetitions of each exercise with good form, to fatigue. Not collapse or dishevelment, but fatigue that looks like malaise or ennui or the vapors. You know, something Victorian ladylike.

Readers, lady persons and man persons: What around-the-house activities get you in shape?
Which ones leave you less than glamorous and glowing? 

Photo credits: Creative Commons (Rennett Stowe, Nan Palmero, Quinn.Anya, loosepunctuation) and Photobucket





.

3 comments:

  1. Great, informative and FUN post!!! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I finally found your blog, Jack. It's upbeat, and when we're losing weight, it's a long haul, so we need a little happiness to level us out. We have a blizzard here, so we're housebound--but it also presents a great opportunity to catch up on blogs. I hope the weather is better where you are. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's taking any and all sense of boundaries I've ever had to not bring up sex right now. I better go eat a banana.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails