Sunday, February 5, 2012

11 Questions, 11 Answers And An 11-lb Loss

Wait... I may have put a decimal point in the wrong spot. Oh well...

Weekly weigh-in: 250.4
 Loss: -1.1
Total loss: -41.1
Emotion: Movin' and Groovin'

I was tagged by TJ at TJ’s Test Kitchen (who knows for a fact just how much I dislike these things) to take part in this question list.

But just to spite her, I’m gonna have fun with it! FUN, YOU HEAR ME, TJ?!!? FUN!!!! SO MUCH FUN THAT FUN STARTS LEAKING OUT OF MY FREAKIN’ EARS!!!!




The Rules (BECAUSE WHAT IS MORE FUN THAN A BUNCH OF RULES?):

1. Post these rules.

2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.

3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.

6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.

So here we go ....

Jack’s Random 11

1. I overtip at restaurants because my dad Horace is a notoriously terrible tipper.

2. I was diagnosed with astigmatism when I was 7 or 8 and put in glasses. Five years later, the doc said my eyes weren’t getting any better or worse, so I quit wearing the glasses and have never worn them since.

3. I won the King Bee reading contest in first grade.

4. We had a lady come in to do laundry when my daughter Pisa was little; it turns out that all she was doing was spraying them with Febreeze and ironing them while watching TV.

5. When doing a family history project for school, I learned that I have a Mississippi relative that went to Parchman prison for killing his father during an argument over a cigarette lighter.

6. Marc Gasol, the center for the Memphis Grizzlies NBA team who signed a max contract this year ($48 million over 4 years) owes me $5. I let him borrow a five-spot when he was a high school senior and told him he could pay me back when he made it to the NBA.

7. I had an uncle who got so drunk that he ran his car into a train. In the middle.

8. I own three watches; I never, ever wear a watch.

9. When I was an infant, my mother once gave me (and I drank) a bottle of spoiled milk.

10. The worse flop-sweat I ever got was during an interview for a job I didn’t even want.

11. I have visited every state in the U.S. except for the 27 that I consider to be lame.


My answers to TJ’s questions


1. Favorite holiday? The next one on the calendar.

2. What is the best gift you ever given to someone? The gift of Life (to my daughters).

3. Who taught you to cook? My mother. I watched what she did, and tried to do the exact opposite.

4. Any ingredient that scares you? Cilantro. Most people don’t realize that this is actually poison.


5. What city/state were you born in? Memphis, TN

6. Ice cream or frozen yogurt? Yes, please.

7. What flavors/toppings? Nothing. Nada. Nil.

8. If you could play with a toy from your childhood today- what would it be? 

9. Got a nickname? Sh*t-For-Brains

10. How long does it take you to take a shower & get ready to start your day? 12 minutes

11. Are you afraid of any animals? Weiner dogs


My Tagees:

1. Anne @ Carb Tripper
2. Jody @ Truth2BeingFit
3. Chris @ A Deliberate Life
4. Stephen @ Who Ate My Blog
5. Cyndi @ RunRollRepeat -
6. Dawn @ Fixing Myself Thinner -
7. Kelly @ Happy Texans
8. Charlie @ Operation: Shrink Charlie’s Big Butt
9. Lily Fluffbottom @ Lily Fluffbottom’s Weight Loss Adventure
10. Tammy @ Fat to Fab
11. Mary @ A Merry Life


Questions for the Tagees:

1. What movie title best describes this point in your life?
2. What food makes you think of your childhood?
3. What is your best feature?
4. Which cartoon character do you most resemble?
5. What are you most grateful for?
6. Would you rather go without salt or pepper?
7. Why are the holes in cats fur always in the right places for their eyes?
8. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
9. How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?
10. First thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
11. Who’s your favorite blogger named “Jack”?

9 comments:

  1. I remember you telling me that story about the laundry. Hilarous! Too bad you didn't tag me. I've got lots of thoughts about salt and pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a good sport Jack! :) Congrats on being the King Bee winner! :) Good job on the loss this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love it. I sent it to TJ, and I did not tag the infamous Jack Sh*t because it seemed just like the kind of thing you would hate. So glad you filled one out, since it gave me something to laugh at today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You dragged me in with the 11 pound weight loss!!! You little Sh*t!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack Jack Jack!!!
    YOU are my fave blogger named JACK!!!!!
    But we already knew that!!!!
    You non-glasses wearing, spelling-bee winning, weight-loss champ!
    Got some questions to answer now, eh? YAYAYAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading these posts!!! Not so much doing them! ;-) I was tagged already & have yet to do it - I WILL THOUGH - & include yours with it - just note that I like to break the rules on these things! ;-)

    Yahoo for a loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, sh!t. Okay, I'll answer them. We'll see how it goes. It'll help me finish out the work day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto Lyn
    i haven't been by in ages, I see you are still hangin in there :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails