Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I’m Sorry, Jimmy Buffet


Nibblin’ on fried pies.
Watchin’ old CSI’s.
Eating some nachos covered with oil.
Bad diet, yeah sure.
Just checked my blood pressure.
Looks like my arteries are beginnin’ to boil.

Wastin’ my time again in Diet Cheataville.
Going extra heavy on that shaker of salt.
Some people claim that I should take some blame,
But I know… there’s no way it’s my fault.

I don’t know the reason,
My pants are all squeezin’.
Nothin’ to show but this big fat spare tire.
Never been too svelte,
Now I need me a new belt
And that scale, it’s just going higher.

Wastin’ my time again in Diet Cheataville.
Searchin’ for another frosty ice cream malt.
I might proclaim that my bad genes are to blame,
But I think...
Hell, it could be my fault.

So I came to a hard stop.
Started making my weight drop.
Quit going out, starting eating at home.
Lifting weights and some joggin’,
Not to mention my bloggin’.
Yeah, that’s the secret that helps me hang on.

I quit wastin’ my time away in Diet Cheataville.
Brought my destructive lifestyle to a halt.
Some people claim that they just can’t do the same.
If they don’t… it’s their own damn fault.
Yes, some people claim that they just can’t do the same.
If they don’t… it’s their own damn fault.

x

22 comments:

  1. Wishing I was sipping on a Margarita right now. Sugar free, low cal of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, terrific. A perfectly great Sunday afternoon bike-riding song, ruined forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! But then again, I like this song. :o)

    Love how it changes from the beginning (old habits) to end (new habits).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a MARGARITA! Thanks alot Jack ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah jimmy buffett. Good one. Tell your dog to make a run for it, it's only fair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my faves to date! I think I will go blow out my flip flops

    ReplyDelete
  7. makes me wanna go to margaritaville this weekened in vegas! noooo. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT! I have a post ready to go tomorrow that mimics your last paragraph! You got to want it bad enough to do it yourself. Nobody is going to do it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! Love margaritaville (it was the song we came into the reception to at our wedding), now I'll have this version in my head. Some people claim that there's bad genes to blame, but I know it's my own damn fault. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diet Cheataville - Population = Me

    Great song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. whata post! classic,,,i can smell the salt air and feel the sun on my shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank god I don't drink or I'd want a margarita too *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. I think it's one of your best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pairs real lovely with a *Cheeseburger in Paradise*. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is it bad that when I read the headline, all I saw was BUFFET?

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, OK! IT'S MY OWN DAMN FAULT! There, I said it! Whew! That. Felt. Good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're like Weird Al with a weight loss twist! I loved this one 'cause of the lyrics you put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My all-time favorite song!!! I'm originally from FL so I'll always be a beach girl....margaritas sound good...you buyin'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another jack sh*t classic! lol

    seriously... do you just hear a song and go AHA. thats a great one to convert? or does it just sneak up on you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails