- There’s no single right way to do it.
- It’s more fun when somebody’s doing it with you.
- The whole process is filled with a lot of moaning and groaning.
- It’s a lot more fun when you experiment.
- It’s hard to do at a restaurant.
- Sometimes, you’re just on your own.
- Size matters.
- If you don’t move and work up a sweat, you won’t see good results.
- Even if you’re only partially successful… hey, it’s still good.
- Sometimes a mirror helps.
- Getting in new pants is a big incentive.
- It can make you a little crazy.
- Eating a submarine sandwich in bed can spoil it.
- Some days you just know it’s not going to happen.
- There’s a ton of resources on the internet on the subject.
- If you do it well, the final result is spectacular.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Ways Losing Weight Is Like Sex
When I was rummaging through the archives for this week's "Same Old Sh*t" entry, I ran across this silly little puff-piece. I've done a few posts in this vein, and I really like them because writing them is an exercise that really makes me thing about this weight-loss journey in a completely different way.