Thursday, June 10, 2010

I’m Sorry, Billy Joel


We met on web sites that featured weight loss.
We typed on keyboards and ate our tartar sauce.
And we were fat, as fat as hogs,
And we were so gung ho to start our own blogs.

We came in spastic like kids at Easter
We vowed to eat less and move our keister
And we learned fast what not to do
Our hearts were heavy and our bellies were, too

We chose a blog name, we picked a template.
And as for visitors, they came at a grim rate.
We dug in deep and lost a pound.
And prayed to Google that our blog would be found.

We had no grand plan to raise our profile.
But then somebody came, and made it worthwhile.
And it was fun, a real delight,
And we held on to each other
Like blogger to blogger,
We promised each other we'd diet.

And we will all go down together.
We said we’ll all go down together.
Yes we will all go down together.

Remember Tony, remember Mary?
Their posts are so good, it’s kinda scary.
Who showed a gain? And who lost weight?
All that matters is we’re still doing great.

We hold our fates in the palm of our hand
We can change ourselves, and the changes...

Can take as long as six months...

...Of blogging each day.
We answer critics, watch analytics
And we trudge on, try to survive.
We comment by the bazillion
And work out like Jillian.
And wait for our time to arrive.

And we will all go down together.
We said we'll all go down together.
Yes we will all go down together.

20 comments:

  1. "We came in spastic like kids at Easter
    We vowed to eat less and move our keister"

    Hysterical, Jack. Billy Joel would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny Jack. Thanks for the laughs this morning. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to move my keister. Another great one, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only is this brilliant, but I love that Billy Joel song. It'll be in my head all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Brilliant Song Choice!

    And here is your NEXT Dieter's Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That song never fails to make me cry my eyes out...

    But I love your version :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noooooo, the horror! That's my favourite Billy Joel... I might forgive you some day...;)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard that song in forever! I sure love your version. Thanks for keeping weight loss fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Sh.t, Fat Man, you did it again.. that was great.. cork19

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bwahaha! Well, I guess it's good that belly laughing burns calories. And I love that song, so sad, but one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Groovy tune; All that matters is we’re still doing great... just keep singing that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And we were fat, as fat as hogs,
    And we were so gung ho to start our own blogs......LOL for real!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm new around here, but am lovin' the time I spend. Appreciate the lighter side. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails