Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You Can’t Spell “Diet” Without “Die”

I hate the term “diet.” A diet is something you start and don’t finish. It’s something that generally ends in failure. After nearly 50 years on this earth, I know enough about how everything works to understand that this has to be more about a lifestyle change than dieting.

I weighed in on Day One at 290.5 and grimaced like I’d just sucked a slice of lemon. The scale was just reaffirming what my pants were already telling me: “You’re fat, Jack. That’s a fact!”

Truthfully, I was a little bit relieved that I wasn’t at the 300 lb. mark. I’ve flirted with the big 3-Oh-Ohhhhh several times in my life, but I’ve always managed to steer clear. But here I am, within spitting distance of it.

1 comment:

  1. You know, Richard Simmons' original program was called the Live-It program because of the "Die" in diet. Great men think alike? lol (Does mentioning Richard send shivers up and down your spine like it does my husband?)

    I was close to the big 3 oh oh. It scared the sh*t out of me. Had I hopped on the scale that day and been 270 or below, I don't know that I would have sprung into action like I did.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails