Saturday, February 13, 2021

What I Saw On My Walk Today... A Focus on the Wrong Goal


"The sign says do not enter, no trespassing allowed.
With visions of redemption, I walk against the crowd."
–Melissa Etheridge

I get it.
 

You want to discourage fools from trespassing on your property, but more than anything else, you want to stop them from stealing your NO TRESPASSING sign. I mean – obviously – that was the first reaction I had when I walked by this sweet-ass sign on my daily five-mile walk. “My anniversary is coming up, and Anita would simply swoon if I gave her this beauty as a gift!”


That’s kind of how I got with my health goals, to be honest. I was so focused on the end result that I lost sight of the overall purpose. Six months ago, I woke up each morning in pain and feeling like crap-on-a-stick. My weight had taken an unsettling spike during the early months of the pandemic – two months into my working-from-home stint, I had packed on a Covid nineteen (or more).

That’s when I decided to lace up my sneaks and get my stride on. Today, I’m usually getting in between 12,000 and 15,000 steps every 24 hours. Sometimes I even slog (slow jog) a little, but mostly it’s just one foot in front of the other, over and over and over.

Of course, my weight started coming down. Of course, those morning aches and pains have seemed to fade away. Of course, I’m feeling healthier and have higher spirits.


Could things be better?


Well, I could have a cool NO TRESPASSING sign, but then I’d have to figure out some way to keep it safe…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails