Thursday, September 1, 2016

Backslide



This is for you, fatty....

I took my weight, and I brought it down.
Was doing well, but then it turned around,
And I saw my reflection in the ol’ bathroom mirror,

Seems the backslide brought me down.
Oh, mirror in the bath, why so fat?

Why did my resolve all go flat?
And can I meet all the challenges that I’ve faced?
Can I handle this wasteland stuck around my waist?

Oh oh, I don't know, oh I don't know..
Well, I've been afraid of gaining,
‘Cause I’ve built my life around food.
But time goes by quicker
,
Soon you’re gettin' thicker.

Yeah, I'm getting thicker, too.
So, take my weight, take it down.

Get serious and don’t fool around.

Next time I see my reflection 

In that damned bathroom mirror,

Well, the Jack-slide will bring me down, down

And when I see my reflection
In the damned bathroom mirror,
No more backslide; weight’s coming down.

No more backslide; weight’s coming down.




1 comment:

  1. So I just made my return to Blogger & imagine my excitement to see a new post from you! Hi!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails