Monday, August 1, 2016

Seven Pounds Down



Once I was seven pounds up,
My momma told me
Damn, Jack, those pants used to be a lil’ baggy.
Once I was seven pounds up…

I was a big, big boy,
And I was gettin’ bigger.
Pushing shirt seams to their limits, middle gettin’ thicker.
By eleven eating chips and dip right before dinner.
Never stopped so I found myself with a much fuller figure.

Once I was 80 pounds up, my daddy told me,
Get yo ass a lil’ less wide or you’ll be lonely.
Once I was 80 pounds up.

I finally decided that being a fatty didn’t thrill me .
So I started eatin’ better, I started gettin’ stronger
If you see me eating a bag of chips, just go ahead and kill me.
Cause I feel better when I’m eatin’ right, not eatin’ wronger.

Soon I was 20 pounds down, my story not no depressin’
Before I would start to cry when I was dressin’.
But then I was 20 pound down

I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure
Cause I know that doin’ it now is better than doin’ it later.
I got this blog with me, y’know it’s been a real life-saver.
So glad my waistline’s not as big as the equator.

Once I was 20 pounds down, my story got fun
I was dieting, not eating everything I saw before me
Once I was 20 pounds down
Soon we'll be 30 years old, our songs have been sold
We've traveled around the world and we're still roaming
Soon I’ll be 30 pounds down…

1 comment:

  1. "By eleven eating chips and dip right before dinner"... ROFL. Golden.

    Hope you truly ARE almost 30 pounds down, Jack! I am cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails