Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ass-tronaut



The meek shall inherit the Earth. 
And the rest of us will go to the stars. 
                                                                   - Omni Magazine 

We live in a changing universe; is it any wonder that within us lies the capacity to spark  extraordinary change in our own lives, to say sayonora to the status quo and triumphantly reach for the heavens?

Almost two years ago, I launched an ambitious program to transform my wayward body and reclaim my healthy future. I’ve been knocked off track time and time again, but I’ve figured out how to make course corrections on the fly, learned to steer straight even through the blackest, darkest days.

I’m not exactly at goal, but somewhere in the neighborhood. Truthfully, it’s not a bad place to be, but I’ve got my sights set even higher. Check that: even lower.

This is my voyage of self-discovery, where I find out exactly who I am, what I am made of and what I can be.


“It is never easy to keep reaching for dreams.
Strength and courage can sometimes be lonely 
friends. But those who do reach the stars, 
walk in stardust.”



15 comments:

  1. strength and courage and drive CAN be lonely...and worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mini astronaut you! I also love the last quote very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack, I know you are trying to be inspirational and all, but your excellent Mini-me Ass-tronaut is sort of stealing the show on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on keeping your sights set low. With your eye consistently on the prize you'll definitely grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to be you. And to be an astronaut. And to have a tiny little astronaut action figure of yourself. It's good to be you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Where can one purchase a JackSh*t action figure with Astronaut suit exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, inspirational post...will the astronaut play your mini me if they make a movie version of your life?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "One small step..." of faith is what it takes. Day after day... and you're there NOW, really. Me, too. I started my 'space walk' in March 2009 and while not quite at goal, I'm pretty happy with this wild ride I've been on and how close to the 'one giant leap for Jan-kind' I've made! Congrats on your incredible two years of journeying, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you glue a beard on that astronaut doll? I guess its not a DOLL, is it? Your mini-me...thats so cool! Somehow, though this post wasnt funny, I kept picturing the robot from Lost in Space twirling his arms and droning, "Warning..warning"! I need him anyway, I'd rename him BingeBot. I wonder if advance warning would nip it in the bud? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep reaching!!!!! You will be walking in that star dust soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love the mini-me astronaut! Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that doll looks just like you. It is mini me Jack Sh$t. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. The guy in the suit even looks a wee little bit like you.
    Just in the whiskers, though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails