Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Never Enough

“I have offended God and mankind 
because my work did not reach 
the quality it should have.”
 
Those were the dying words of Leonardo da Vinci.

He was the definition of a Renaissance man.

Painter, sculptor, architect, musician, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist and writer.

He accomplished more in one lifetime than anyone could ever be expected to, and yet he left this Earth feeling like an underachiever.

Maybe you could do more.

Maybe you could do better.

Maybe you should take a step back and appreciate yourself for just how freakin’ awesome you are.

We can all do more, can all do better.

However, don’t let how far you want to go blind you to how far you’ve already come.








15 comments:

  1. Well said, and I think I need to print it and put it on my fridge and my bathroom mirror. This is very personal...touched home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVED this! I tend to be really hard on myself so a great read for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep....good post jack...well, in Christian vernacular, we have all sinned and fallen short and no one is perfect.I think it's just that little bit of God in us that makes us want perfection. striving is good, never ever content...bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are his dying words? Argh, those were going to be my dying words! Guess I'll have to think of something else, like...

    "I have offended God and mankind, but not as much as Leonardo da Vinci or Leonardo Dicaprio for that matter, because my work did not reach
    the quality it should have, especially my blog as it pales compared to Jacks"

    Feel free to suggest revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it too Jack :) Funny Patrick lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very well said. Struggling with that a lot these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So keep on perfecting the knock knock jokes!

    Knock Knock

    ReplyDelete
  8. very zen...great perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! Especially not losing sight of how far we've come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its like I need to write this to myself on a post-it note when Im sane, for when Im insane and feeling like I suck. Yeah, thats it!!! I like this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe, you couldn't do better.

    Maybe, this is the best you can do, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. I seriously needed this today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails