Saturday, May 14, 2011

Why I Do This Here - One Year Later

Just about a year ago, I asked my the people who skim my blog to help me with a little project I'd cooked up. It was called "Why I Do This Here" (or W.I.D.T.H.) and it was a pretty simple idea: send me your reason (or reasons) for why you're on this losing weight/healthy living journey. 
Turns out there’s something pretty powerful about the process of taking a big sentiment … such as “Why do I want to lose weight?” or “Why do I want to get healthy?”… and boiling it down to a note card. The response I got... and continue to get... simply blew me away.

























There are no rules, guidelines or deadlines to this dealio. Just send me your note cards, with your hopes and dreams synopsized onto a 3x4 inch card (or whatever you’ve got around the home or office). Email them to JackSh.tGettinFit@gmail.com (and don't forget to include a blog link if you'd like that included).

9 comments:

  1. As always....one of my favorite posts!!! Thanks Jack, and all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome Jack. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I need to ponder my W.I.D.T.H...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like, like, like, like, like, like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found my WIDTH card, which prominently says "I don't want to put the 23.7kg I have lost back on." I have gained 4kg since I wrote that width card in June last year. I needed to find it as a reminder of what was (74.4kg) and what I will be again (50.4kg). It is clearly displayed on my fridge. Thanks for reminding me of it a week or so ago on your WIDTH reposts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my to do list. Love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thrilled to see my picture posted last week. And these motivate me again. Seeing so many people and all their reasons keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across my W.I.D.T.H. picture last week when looking through photos! This was truly an awesome and inspirational thing you got going, Jack. Thanks for the reminder of why I'm working so hard for this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so inspired by this! everyone that showed their card is brave & we hope they enjoy their journey!!!

    <3
    TGOTG

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails