Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Ways to Make Dieting More Fun
• To make drinking water more palatable, add sugar-free flavor crystals, scotch, or sugar-free scotch crystals.
• Buy caramel apples and scrape all the caramel off; now it’s just a healthy ol’ apple on a stick.
• Eat a ball of salad.
• A healthy drink can be made more “sassy” by adding some sassafras.
• Chocolate-covered vitamins.
• Drink your water out of a disco ball (see directions at end of post for converting disco ball into water bottle)
• They say “never skip breakfast,” but they never say “never skip during breakfast” so skip to your heart’s content.
• Remove all furniture from your dining room and eat all meals inside an inflatable moon bounce instead.
• Raw veggies are boring; crudités are exotic.
• Make healthy s’mores with roasted cauliflower, carob and melba toast (unless you worry about forever ruining a treasured childhood memory).
• Fat-free salad dressing fountain.
• Cotton balls aren’t as tasty as cotton candy, but waaaaay less sugar.
• When you’re ordering at a restaurant, make sure everything’s prepared to your exact specifications… and order in Pig Latin.
•Experiment with fresh herbs; try some fresh basil on tomatoes, some fresh rosemary in soup or fresh poison ivy on a salad.
•Make every meal a little more fun by reading my blog aloud to your family while eating.
Directions for converting disco ball into water bottle: (1) take disco ball, (2) drill hole in top, (3) fill with water, (4) drink water.