Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Interview with Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien

I can’t stay mad at Hungry Girl. Sure, she completely stole my idea of having a series of bestselling cookbooks and then parlaying that into a TV show and worldwide fame. That was totally MY idea, Lisa!

But she’s so bubbly and sparkly and effervescent and carbonated that it’s no wonder that she’s amassed such a loyal foodie following.  Despite being a mega-star, Lisa agreed to a no-holds-barred interview… Jack-Sh*t-style!


Jack:  Julia Child once said “The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit.” Do you have something equally cool to say about cooking?

Lisa: Definitely not.


Jack:  I read somewhere that you originally named your site Hungry Girl because you were born in Hungary? What’s it like being Hungarian?


Lisa: I was born in Brooklyn... But so many people misspell Hungry as Hungary and now I know why. They assumed it was my birth city.


Jack:  Have you ever had a Hungry-Man frozen dinner?

Lisa:  Oh god yes! As a child I lived for the 3 piece fried chicken dinner. I  LOVED when the apple pie goo leaked into the mashed potatoes.


Jack:  What is Salisbury steak anyway?

Lisa: I always wondered that myself. I think it's just a "dinner" hamburger.


Jack:  What’s your favorite condiment?

Lisa: Ketchup. Good old ketchup! Close second and third salsa and mustard...


Jack:  Hmmmm, I’ve never tried salsa and mustard. Would you rather live without sugar or salt?

Lisa: Sugar.


Jack:  Riddle break: You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you just eat?

Lisa: Corn. Or I did a really bad job with a frozen dinner...


Jack:  If you accidentally ate your own tongue, what do you think it’d taste like?

Lisa: Chicken.


Jack:  I heard that you once waited over an hour to meet Jack Sh*t.

Lisa: That is a rumor.


Jack:  What do you do when an endangered animal eats endangered plants?

Lisa:  Cry.


Jack:  Tell me your deepest, darkest secret… something you’ve never told even your closest friend.

Lisa: I once at an entire can of Reddi-Wip.




Jack:  Do you ever get intimidated by the “Cooking with Jack” segments I do on my blog?

Lisa: Define “intimidated”. They scare me, but not sure it's the same thing...


Jack:  What’s the best thing about being Hungry Girl?

Lisa: I get to eat food and taste things all day. Close second? Interviews like this one...


Jack:  Do you ever have the urge to slap Rachel Ray when you’re on her show?

Lisa:  No but I feel sure she would have the urge to slap you because you spelled her name wrong.


Jack:  That was a test... by the way, what’s new with your TV show?

Lisa: The set is BRAND NEW! And this season is more action-packed and recipe-loaded!


Jack:  Don’t you need a funny assistant?

Lisa:  Yes. Know anyone funny?







So You Think You Can Tweet! As I may have mentioned 5,000 or so times, I've been named as one of the Top 50 Most Inspirational Healthy Tweeps. If you feel like messing with it and have 15 seconds of free time, go vote for me here.




7 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails