Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anchors Away

Maybe you’re weighed down, maybe you’re stuck.

Believe me, I know the feeling. Longing to strike out to a better place, but going nowhere instead.

Painfully aware of the destination, seemingly chained to the ways things are.

It’s a helpless, hopeless feeling.

This weight can be… check that… this weight is an anchor that will pull you down, make you less than you can be.

Even if your friends and family all lovingly accept you just the way you are, you’ll never really and truly accept yourself (at least most of us can’t or won’t).

It’s simple: you can be better, and you know you can be better.



I hope you’ll embrace the idea that you’re on course to a better life. Whatever tools you use… low carb, calorie counting, long-distance running, lap band… whatever the tools, remember that the journey is all about finding a lifestyle that you can live with and start living with it.

It’s time to lift anchor and set sail.

5 comments:

  1. damn, but that anchor's heavy... but I'm pulling mine up, one link at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever the tools, remember that the journey is all about finding a lifestyle that you can live with and start living with it.

    Great post Jack! People are so looking for the magic bullet & try all these crazy things that they can't live with long term so the weight comes back on.

    You just have to find what works for you & yes, that may change with time but the key is like you said to just do it! It ain't easy but it is worth it & so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! My heart really beats to the line of: "Even if your friends and family all lovingly accept you just the way you are, you’ll never really and truly accept yourself." Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! Being disabled in my right arm I always have to fight through the pain to do normal things. I could just sit on the couch and let the pain pull me down but I don't I fight. I fight for my daughter, I fight for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent post as always, sir.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails