Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hello, I Am Your Body

Hello, I am your body.

I know, I know… you’re not happy with me right now.

Not happy to see me.

Not happy to be around me.

I see that grimace when you gaze at me in the mirror, feel the uncomfortable sting that I am not living up to your pie-in-the-sky expectations.

But understand this:  I am your friend.

We’ve been together since you were little, and I plan on sticking with you until the bitter end.

Yes, I have disappointed you at times, but haven’t most of your friends?

Yes, I haven’t been there for you every time you needed me; what friend has?

Could I have treated you better? Probably.

Should you have treated me better? Without a doubt.

They say that a friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.

I am your friend.

I always have been.

And know this: I will always do everything I can to support you.

But the more you do for me, the more I can do for you.

I am your friend.

Treat me like one.




DAILY SCALEY
Ben Franklin once said 
“He that can have patience can have what he will.”
But keep in mind that he also once said, 
“Hey, it's raining! Where's my kite?”








7 comments:

  1. Occasionally, I remind myself that my body's been my obedient servant, only ever doing what I told it to. Eating pints of Ben & Jerry's and family-size bags of chips is a pretty clear instruction to bulk up, for example. How confused our bodies must be then, when we're so unhappy with the result. "Why don't you love me? I only did what you asked me to."

    Trying to be clearer about what I want and partner up with my body to achieve it.

    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be one of my favorite posts from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touché, Jack Sh*t. I suppose when it comes to adult obesity, our bodies treat us with the same respect that we give our bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to know we are worth it & PATIENCE goes a long weigh in this journey for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we in the weight loss game are the proverbial tortoise. It's OK, we know who wins the race! Plus, in an interview Dr. Ruth was asked why she has so many turtles in her living space and she said it was because a turtle cannot make a move without sticking it's neck out. Slow and steady, and taking the risk, that's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS! :) Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails