Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Listen Up...


Body: Jack? Oh Jackie…?

Jack: You? What do you want?

Body: I need you to do me a favor...

Jack: Whatcha need?

Body: I want to you to grab a big ol’ bowl of chips and guacamole, maybe a beer or two... and sit your ass down in that easy chair over yonder.

Jack: Excuse me?

Body: Look, those shows we DVR’d ain’t gonna watch themselves…

Jack: I was thinking about heading out for a workout.

Body: Awww no. We did that yesterday.

Jack: I know…

Body: And you went for a run yesterday morning.

Jack: So what?

Body: So… haven’t you ever heard of a little thing called an “off” day?

Jack: I think I banked quite a few “off” days in the past.

Body: No, no… it’s a “use ‘em or lose ‘em” kind of deal.

Jack: I’m not sure I trust you, buddy.

Body: I just don’t see what harm there is in a little downtime in front of the tube…

Jack: And I think you’ve got another good workout in you today.

Body: I’m soooooore.

Jack: You’re a sorehead.

Body: I’m serious as a…

Jack: …heart attack?

Body: Yeah, as a… no. That’s not what I meant.

Jack: Come on… the sooner we get started, the sooner we get done.

Body: But I don’t wanna!

Jack: I said, come on!

Body: Don’t you know that you’re supposed to be listening to your body?

Jack: I tried that for a while and it didn’t work out.

Body: Yeah?

Jack: Yeah… now it’s time for my body to start listening to me.



THE DAILY SCALE

"I never see what has been done," said Buddha.
"I only see what remains to be done." Smart dude
(though let's be honest... he could have stood to lose a few pounds). 




8 comments:

  1. I so agree that my body needs to listen to me! And even then, it is my soul that is in charge, not my mind.

    Soul decides, mind gives orders, body does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kick it Jack - similar to a saying on my FB page today... we got to fight back. I had a post in mind that I was going to write about a day recently when my mind said I just don't want to but my body was feeling fine & I just kicked my mind in the butt & did it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gawd, that is me in a nutshell, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it does make one wonder, if Buddah's belly was smaller, would it still bring good luck to rub it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent portrayal of the inner chat we have each day. Somebody needs to keep score how often the body wins versus the mind.

    -Patrick
    http://responsibility199.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe thanks, i needed that slap on the head

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mind is in charge of the body! You tell it what to do!!! If in doubt, workout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jack, read my book. A lot of what you'll find is akin to this post. I know you have a lot of things on your plate. But you'll really like it (especially after writing this particular post - it'll give you a very unique and new perspective on that inner dialogue).

    Thanks for bloggin'

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails