Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Am Not a Fat Joke

I am not a fat joke.

Yes, when I went to school, I sat next to everybody, but I am not a fat joke.

Yes, when I hauled ass, I had to make multiple trips, but I am not a fat joke.

Yes, when I sat around the house, I sat around the house, but I am not a fat joke.

Yes, I had more chins than a Hong Kong telephone directory, but I am not a fat joke.

Yes, I had more pounds than the Bank of England, but I am not a fat joke.

Yes, my blood type was O-reo, but I am not a fat joke.

Yes, I was in the Fitness Protection Program, but I am not a fat joke.

One day, I quit feeling sorry for myself and started taking responsibility for my own life.

One day, I got serious about my health and my future.

One day, I decided I was worth more than I was giving myself.

One day, I changed my ways.

One day I was a fat joke.

One day I wasn’t.


15 comments:

  1. awesome as usual. and what a cute yet bizarre cow picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Your blog has been my crack lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such powerful stuff lately. Who are you and what did you do with Jack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts. :) I've just gotten started my weight loss journey (and blogging about it), and it's really fun to read your funny/inspirational quirk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack, I know you're joking around, and that's what you do, 'cause it's good to make people in this godforsakenworld laugh, and you are cool and unique and have a big heart...but. You were never a fat joke. No one is, or was, a fat joke. Or a thin joke. Or a joke. Of any kind. Carry on, dude. Still love 'ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO Bad! So GOOD! Right there with ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. we're all jokes when we don't take our potential seriously. carry one, Jack, carry on.
    <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails