Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Am Blogging My Ass Off

It seems incredible, that I consider a laptop to be my most valuable weapon in my healthy living arsenal.

No, I can’t run on it, but I can be inspired by people like Sam, Suzi and Sheryl, who encourage me to push myself a little farther down the road.

No, there aren’t any exercises I can do with it (well, I’m sure MizFit has a vlog somewhere showing the proper form for laptop curls), but it’s the place I go for motivation and encouragement.

I don’t use my laptop for a plate (well… not all the time at least), but it helps me stay focused on what I’m doing and where I’m going. It helps me find new healthy recipes and arms me with nutritional information.

It keeps me connected to people who share my ambitions and struggles, who (for some strange reason) seem to care about my troubles and my triumphs.

I may spend a little too much of my time behind the wheel of my blog, but I know that it’s helped me stay on the road to where I want to go.

I am blogging my ass off over here.

And I’m loving every minute of it.

14 comments:

  1. I agree most certainly! My laptop is one of my most prized tools in my tool bag for this journey! And a little more...my smart phone. I struggle during the day at work each and every day. MY worse place to be and my biggest trouble spot with this journey BUT I pop into my blog world to help get me through those days. Right now, it is the ONLY thing that is helping to keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing the support we get from some of these people. You can do this Jack, now go kick some Jack Sh*t A$$!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wholeheartedly agree. I admit blogging to help myself get healthy physically and mentally was only one of my excuses for splurging on a MacBook pro, but it is incredible what it has brought me; support, advice, encouragement, understanding and I really don't feel so isolated in my journey any more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outside of the amazing support this community offers,are blogs are like accountability partners. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology really does help in the fat fight! I'm glad you are being inspired in return for all the support you give us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love the fact that you're blogging your ass off too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Other people are so inspirational (as are you!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, others inspire me. Though through this journey, I am spending less and less time with my laptop!

    You have an award on my blog!
    http://bloggestloserweightloss.blogspot.com/2011/04/bloggest-loser-weight-journey-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. An iMac apple a day keeps the fatness away.

    fer sure, Miz must have that in the archives! No doubt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree. Never been this successful before, never blogged before. Coincidence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. try doing squats whilst on the laptop - even better :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep up the good work. I just use my laptop as a coaster half the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely true! Great post, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my laptop because it allows me to blog and read blogs like yours. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails