Monday, April 18, 2011

There's Something I Need to Tell You...

Dear friend,

I just wanted you to know that I see how much you’ve been struggling lately. I know things have been difficult, but I wanted to remind you of a few things…

One, you’re awesome.

Two, this path you’re on, it’s rough-and-tumble stuff. One day you feel like you’re on top of the mountain, the next you’re rolling back down in a out-of-control somersault. And we both know that the climb back isn’t so much treacherous as it is tiresome. Some days we just get so damn weary with it all…

That said, look at how far you’ve come. You may think it’s nothing to celebrate, what you’ve achieved thus far, but I say every step… every
freakin’ step… is worthy of being celebrated.

Three, falling isn’t failing. You’ll have bad days here and there; we all have setbacks that shake our confidence and exhaust our resolve, but
I’m convinced that you’re convinced that you know what to do now, and more importantly, what’s at stake. Going back to the way things were simply isn’t an option.

Four, it’s all worth it in the end. I know you question whether that’s true or not, but I promise you that it is. It may seem so far away right now, but every step forward brings you closer to where you want to be.

This is a long journey we’re on; don’t be afraid to lean on your friends from time to time.

And lastly, have I told you lately that you’re awesome?

Take care of yourself.

Your pal,

Jack




25 comments:

  1. and just in case no one has told YOU lately...YOUR AWESOME...and you make this journey worth it. Once I honestly dug deep and re-did my WIDTH...it changed everything and THAT alone..makes it worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gives me goosebumps Jack. You, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jack. Always...thanks.

    ~Chubby McGee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are the odds that I come across this right as I'm beating myself down?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel we're kindred spirits now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww Jack, see,,,,, this is why you're my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an awesome person. May I fire my big brother and hire you to take his place? The pay isn't much, but the total aggravation is never-ending! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This totally made me cry. I think one of the biggest hurdles I'm experiencing is the hurt of not getting the support of my BFF WHO HAS DONE THIS (lost weight) HERSELF! So, I needed this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting all teary over here because I have been beating myself up all morning for my weekend choices. And here you are with this post...thanks Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack, it's as if you are in my head. I have been feeling all those thoughts the past couple of weeks. This brought tears to my eyes...it's sure helps to know that others know exactly what we all go through. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your timing, as usual, is impeccable. Thanks Jack - you're the sh*t!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you mean this to be about weight loss, but after the week of insanity I have had, I'm taking this letter in a totally different direction. And it hits HOME.
    Thanks, Jack. You're a good fella.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HUGS for Jack. I think you somehow knew what so many of us needed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a heart felt post & yes, it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Jack! I'm out of commission right now recovering from surgery and the worst part of this is the lack of activity I have right now! My thoughts keep creeping back to I wonder how much I'm going to gain and how much this will set me back. I so needed to hear this today and I have it printed so I can tape it to my mirror to see everyday once I'm back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, maybe if I had actually *read* what you wrote, I too would be honking my nose in a Kleenex and feeling all "It's a Wonderful Life"ish.

    But I guess I'll have to wait until I stop giggling because where you wrote:
    "And we both know that the climb back isn’t so much treacherous as it is tiresome."

    I read:
    "And we both know that the climb back isn’t so much treacherous as it is a threesome."

    Ah-yup. Every time I try to crawl my chubby cheeks out of the gutter, it just -p u l l s- me back in.

    Big fat wet sloppy kisses,
    Kirsten (@RNTgirl)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for that. I can't even begin to describe how much I needed that today, not just in regards to the weight loss, but in regards to everything- life, love, work, the pursuit of thinnerness.

    Thank you so much Jack! You are such a motivation to me!

    :) Kat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, I needed to hear this today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for saying that to me, Jack. I really appreciate it.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  20. Am I still allowed to celebrate and be awesome if I've gained back every single pound I've lost (shh. Don't tell my blog) and just kind of sit around eating nuggets?

    How about some more I-suck-at-everything grumbling? Imagine that's right here.

    Also, thanks. That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails