Friday, April 29, 2011

Inspired by You

Let me make a confession:  some days, I struggle.

I can’t tell you exactly how or why, but some bit of faulty wiring up in my headbone sends a slew of messed-up directions to my GPS (“Good Positive Selections”) system and I swerve off course.

Sometimes just a little.

Sometimes a lot.

I lose my will and I lose my way.

And then you bring me back.

I’m serious, YOU bring me back.

Every time.

I think about what would happen if I abandoned this space. Some people would shrug it off without a second thought. Some would wonder to themselves “Whatever happened to that funny Jack Sh*t guy?”

But I know there are others that wouldn’t let me off the hook so easily. Wouldn’t let me take my show on the road without at least making an attempt to drag me back kicking and screaming.

I like to think that what I’m doing here has helped… at least a little bit… others who’re trying to find their own way along their own path.

But I know for a fact that what I’m doing here is keeping me going each and every day.

So here I am.

Some days acting a fool, some days just running my mouth, but always with at least a good idea of where the right path is located.

So whether I’m charging forward, losing a little ground or (most likely) spinning in circles, it’s nice to know that somebody’s got my back.













9 comments:

  1. this post inspired me today to give you a blog award: http://fab50.blogspot.com/2011/04/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html

    thanks for just BEING ... and for BEING HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to feel wanted. Thanks!
    gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm struggling with the feelings today. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am watching you! I thank you for using the S word, because I am a crass ol' big girl and that sent me here wondering "what is Jack Shit about? It put the thought in my head and then two other blogs I happened upon one was just a health food blog and mentioned that Math does not lie and the less you eat the less you gain..
    I understand what you mean and I am glad that you appreciate the appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had to spin around in circles with somebody...well, you wouldn't be my first choice, but top 10 at least!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have your back Jack! :-) Sometimes people don't write for a week or more & I sometimes send emails to make sure all is OK. We are here! You may not always like what I say but I am here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails