So in the spirit of cooperation and helpfulness, I’ve pulled together a list of advice that I wish someone had been kind enough to share with me a year or so ago…
- If you’re going to incorporate meal replacement bars into your diet, just eat one or two at a time, not seven or eight.
- “Shin splints” are injuries to the front of the outer leg resulting from inflammation to the tendon, not equipment you ask for at the running shoe store.
- It looks like more food if you use a smaller plate, so I use one of my daughter Pisa’s Barbie dishes.
- You can make a delicious “Green Monster” smoothie by putting in some fresh spinach and/or green M&M’s.
- Most personal trainers do not want to be paid in yarn.
- A cheap way to make your own skim milk is to buy whole milk, pour half of it down the drain and fill it back up with water.
- It’s important to eat four to six servings of fruit roll-ups every day.
- Writing down what you eat can really be helpful on your journey, unless you write down nothing but “Milk Duds” and “Canned Frosting”.
- You know what works as an appetite suppressant? Keeping a live hedgehog in your mouth all day.
- Truth: it's a bad idea to skip breakfast. Myth: it's a bad idea to skip "second" breakfast.
- Only swallow two-thirds of what you eat.
- It’s important to drink a lot of water. I forget how much exactly, but I always just try to drink half an aquarium.