Saturday, January 23, 2010

How Committed Am I?

Welcome to "Same Old Sh*t" Saturday, where everything old is new again! People have asked me about my secret to losing over 90 lbs over the past 40 weeks, and usually I just tell 'em about the eating less, eating healthier and exercising more parts of the program. What I seldom mention is the role commitment plays in a successful weight-loss journey. It is the booster rocket that sends your space shuttle into the stratosphere!
  • I am 1,000,000% committed
  • I will work 25/8/366 …that’s right, 25 hours a day, eight days a week, 366 days a year (except for Leap Year, in which I will work 367 days!)
  • I believe there is no “I” in “failure”
  • I am so committed, I make a couple’s 50th wedding anniversary look like a first date
  • I ripped the page with “quit” on it out of the dictionary (can somebody help me spell quintecential, quentisental, quentasential…grrrrrr)
  • There’s an old saying: “An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises.” Well, I’m going to deliver 10 gallons of performance, which is worth, like, 100 pounds of promises.
  • I’m getting a tattoo that says “Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek” on my ring finger.
  • I am infinity times infinity plus infinity committed
  • If I wrote a hip-hop song, it would be called “Committed 2 My B*tches,” because 1) it needs to have a naughty word in the title in order for it to be successful and 2) it’s a love story.
  • If commitment could be represented as a color, I would be crimson-violet with a streak of teal.
  • Suicide bombers write to me all the time and ask “D*mn, how can I be as committed as you, brother?”
  • Consider a breakfast served to you of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved in the breakfast. The pig is committed. I am ten times more committed than that pig.
  • When you go to www.100-percent-commitment.com, it would redirect to this blog site if I had had the foresight to buy that domain name a few years ago when it was available.
  • If you could see my face right now, you’d see that I’m gritting my teeth in an expression of absolute total commitment.
  • I will never, ever give up… and if I do ever give do give up, I promise I will shoot myself in the face with a water gun filled with honey and stick my entire head in a fire ant hole… but I won’t because I will never, ever give up…and if I do, I’ll do the fire ant thing…but I won’t because I just won’t!*

*And if I do, FIRE ANTS!














32 comments:

  1. You need to work more on your commitment, Jack!
    Just kidding, of course. I respect you.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fire ants??!! Damn, you ARE committed!

    Never a doubt in my mind that you were :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one thing I'm missing and KNOW it. I'm trying to figure out how to want to stay commented. I'm starting it's an hourly struggle.

    Thank you. You're very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "committed to my b!tches" would be SO catchy... and what a coincidence, i was thinking of getting the EXACT same tattoo on my left pinky toe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fairly new to your blog. Do you follow any particular diet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has made my day! I've been having a really sh*tty weight loss week and need that kind of commitment! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog, and this my friends is why!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your song would be Top 10 for sure!!! Love the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay, I'm that gritted teeth thing...lol.
    Love it Jack.
    Have a great weekend.
    Chrislivessimple.blogspot.com
    A deliberate life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beware of people who might say they intend to HAVE you committed, though, okay pal?

    (and you are the only person who can make a funny joke about suicide bombers. That makes you really REALLY funny).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am committed 100 percent to be committed at least 75 percent of the time.... I need to work a little harder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Secretia, you are a little lacking in the area of commitment. j/k :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are one committed man. I could never rip a page out of the dictionary.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with MrsMatass, very impressed that you made a successful joke about suicide bombers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha!
    I think you're a little vague about your level of commitment there Jack. Need to ratchet it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Commitment really is the magic ingredient. I lost it for a bit but I'm getting it back now. My friend and I are doing two weeks of "no mishaps, no excuses." The theory being that after two weeks, we will be used to it again and it will seem more natural to stay that way and not quit. Not to say we can't do fun stuff, but if we do, we have to count it as best as we can and NOT go overboard! Oh, and exercise is a given, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny, I was just thinking about my own rap theme song - "Committed 2 My Pimps"

    ReplyDelete
  18. *gritting my teeth* along with you Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think you are committed!!!! :-) Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh.. i didn't see this one the first time thru.. thanks for reposting. You just rubbed a little of that commitment off on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe if everyone did the fire ant thing they'd be as successful as you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just came across your blog and it's GREAT!! Really inspiring. Keep up the amazing work...or the fire ants will get you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had a disappointing loss but guess what? I am COMMITTED too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Committed 2 My B*tches... LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the ham and eggs analogy - the chicken was involved the pig was committed. Lord, help me not be the chicken! I want to go whole hog...

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's nothing to do with the body really, is it? It's ALL mental!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hilarious! I guess you're just as committed to making us laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now if it was African killer bees I would know you were committed - not sure about those ants LOL

    Julia
    http://juliasjourney-finally.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for making laugh today Jack! Took away all my stress. Loved the last three answers you have. I can just imagine the look of commitment on your face.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails