Friday, July 15, 2011

First Sentences That Will Make Me Keep Reading Your Blog Post



I think the majority of blog readers have the attention span of a gnat. I know that's true for me.

However, it you start your blog post off with a little pizzazz, chances are you'll hold my interest... and that of other readers.

• My first thought when I woke up in the kiddie pool filled with banana pudding was: "Oh my God... where's my tiara?"

• You know what I always say: "The party really doesn''t get started until the police show up," and last night was no exception...

• Entering the hot-dog eating competition was probably a mistake, especially considering all the waffles I had for breakfast.


• What do you say when your boss walks in while you're taking a dump in his desk drawer?

• It was both the first time I met a celebrity and the first time I was groin-punched by a transvestite.

• 
I didn't think when the evening began that I'd be driving home pantsless.
..

• In hindsight, it was probably a bad idea to adopt a baby wolverine, but he was so damn cute!

• 
I was starting to get angry and yelled at my spouse, "Who are you going to believe... me or those security tapes?"

• 
It was kind of embarrassing when, after the homeless dude pulled me out of the way of the oncoming bus, it turned out that I didn't have any spare change on me.


14 comments:

  1. AHH PIZZZAZZZ

    I thought you said PIZZA.

    thats my problem.

    #rimshot?
    #no?
    #nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack - just wanted to recognise that apart from being a good motivator, what's brilliant about the way you run your blog is exactly what you say in the first sentence. You know how to grab the attention at the very beginning. This might be because when we keep blogs in Favourites down the side of our own blogs, most of us include the first sentence of their most recent post. Yours always grabs one by the throat!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think it's the title of the post that grabs the most attention. Kind of like a Newspaper head-line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will have to start a blog post with one of these. I'm thinking the kiddie pool one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been a fan of...
    "Being anally probed by an alien isn't nearly as bad as they make it out to be..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried it...did it work??

    brandishealthyjourney.blogspot.com...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about "Now, I'm normally not the type to post nude photos, but..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought a chimpanzee would be a great pet, but let me warn you, don't tease them when they are eating...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will keep these in mind... lol

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. How bout...I had no idea when we started I would wind up in the ER with eveyone gaping at me like a sideshow, but....

    Not that I would know anything about such things of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. okayyy Jack....I've been in two situations similar....no I'm not going to say which ones...lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails