Monday, July 18, 2011

Why Losing Weight Is Harder For Men Than Women

• Who ever heard of a “Hungry Woman” line of TV dinners?

• Men don’t have handy “time of the month” excuse to explain gains.

• Founding fathers guaranteed all men right to “life, liberty and the pursuit of chili cheese fries.”

• Fact that men paid more for same job as women means we have more disposable income with which to buy snack foods.

• Men stay incredibly sexy even when we’re grossly overweight (well, at least I do…)

• Guys are highly susceptible to “dares,” as in “I dare you to drink that entire pitcher of beer.”

• Women burn a whole lot of calories doing all the vacuuming and cleaning and laundry. How can men compete with that?

• Less is expected from men fashionwise; no one’s surprised when we wear sweatpants to a wedding (even our own).

• “Women have choices, men have responsibilities.” What does that mean? It means that I was watching the movie Parenthood while I was writing this.

• Men have it coded into their DNA to carry additional weight in order to survive harsh winter conditions and to keep our recliners from floating away.

• My wife Anita once lost over 10 lbs in a single day (yes, my daughter Holly was a big baby).

• Men have to deal with the “perception” that losing weight is harder for women because of “proof” offered by “research” conducted by “scientists.”

9 comments:

  1. thankyou Jack, I needed cheering up today and you've done it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice--You're one of the bravest bloggers I know!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine we would have lost the war for independence had our founding fathers wrote “life, liberty and the pursuit of tofu based food products.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping recliners from floating away is a serious responsibility!

    (Thanks for the laughs!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I never knew being a guy was so very difficult, and I apologize that I wasn't more sensitive to that.

    P.S. Good luck with the recliner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! At first I saw the headline and was like whaaaaaat? :) Thanks for the funny today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hell being a man for sure. I can't even think of anything to add to that list. You summed up the burden we carry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-D BUT how about trying to deal with some women hormones & age related ones at that & then write this again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, you forgot that whole "part of your brain doesn't function in the presence of woman' thing. God love you hon...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails