Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Weight Loss Boss – Interview with Weight Watchers CEO David Kirchhoff

Today I have a special treat for JSGF readers: an interview with David Kirchhoff, the President and CEO of Weight Watchers International. Besides having a keen sense of business, Kirchhoff blogs about his own health and wellness issues in a very entertaining manner at Man Meets Scale.

Jack: Thanks for agreeing to be interviewed, Mr. Kirchhoff.

David: Thanks, Jack. But please just call me “David”.

Jack: Great. Well, you can just call me “Mr. Sh*t”. So, David, Weight Watchers is the global leader in weight management services, providing 50,000 Weight Watchers meetings each week in countries all over the world aiding millions of people to lose weight in a healthy way.

David: That’s correct.

Jack: Weight Watchers tries to help people lose weight in a sustainable way by assisting them in adapting a healthier lifestyle and a healthier relationship with food and activity.

David: Ummmm, Jack?

Jack: Yeah?

David:
If this is an interview, at some point you have to ask questions.

Jack: Hmmmm, let me check my notes. Okay, here’s one:  if you fill a plastic milk jug with kerosene, set it on fire and then send it down a water slide, wouldn’t that look awesome?

David: Uh… next question?

Jack: I have two coins that equal fifteen cents but neither one is a nickel. How’s that possible?

David: It’s not possible.

Jack:
Wrong! One of them’s a nickel.

David:
You said neither of them was a nickel.

Jack:
It’s a trick question.

David: Jack, I’m very busy…

Jack:
Wait, just a few more… ummmm, what’s your social security number?

David: Jack, I’m hanging up now…

Jack:
Wait, tell me about your blog, Man Meets Scale.

David:
My original intent was to provide another voice from the perspective of men dealing with weight issues. There are so many women actively talking about weight and weight loss in conversation, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.  For women, it seems like weight is a very natural topic of conversation. For men, it’s still much more verboten. There still aren’t enough male voices in this increasingly important topic. Given that I was not only the president of Weight Watchers, I was also a Lifetime Member (like the guy from Hair Club for Men), I thought it might be somehow helpful to share my own point of view on this topic by blogging about my own personal experiences with weight loss and weight maintenance. Interestingly, since I’ve been writing the blog for over a year, I have also discovered that it is a great way of helping me stay on the righteous path of the healthy lifestyle. 

Jack:
When are you gonna switch from that Jared dude as the WW spokesperson? I’m getting tired of that guy’s act.

David: Ummmm, I think you’re thinking of Subway…

Jack: Let’s agree to disagree on that one, Mr. K…

David:
You may be odd/confused/confusing, but you’re also an excellent straight man. We recently announced that Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson has signed on as the new spokesperson for Weight Watchers. She’s most definitely not a guy, but Jennifer is an incredibly inspiring person. Her own participation on the Weight Watchers program has had a great impact on her lifestyle, and her story and success on the program can be a source of inspiration for men and women alike. You can check out her story on the Weight Watchers website, our Facebook page or on Jennifer’s Facebook page. 

Jack:
Jared must be PO’d.

David:
Jennifer is relatable to so many people and has experienced visible results with Weight Watchers, so we feel she’ll help motivate others to take control of their health and try our program.

Jack:
One last question: who’s your favorite blogger named Jack?

David:
*click*


 

36 comments:

  1. You are one crazy guy!!!!!!!!!!! Thx for the giggle before I head back for some post workout sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always give me a good laugh and put a smile on my face. What a great way for me to get my workday started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's your record for number of restraining orders in one day? ;)

    (I LIKED the interview...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know who my favourite blogger named Jack is... Jack Elfenbein - great guy. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny, yet I really don't know if it's real. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! Given my WW record, I have to quote Jen Lancaster: "Weight Watchers can kiss the fattest part of my ass."

    Meanwhile, Jack, you are totally the male Jen Lancaster. You could write books like hers (ie "Such a Pretty Fat") and make a killing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Chuckling* Good one Jack. But I think he should have interviewed YOU because you have like 3 times as many followers as he does. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did "call me David" have to approve this blogpost? That's what *I* am wondering about...

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm....Dave sounds like he has a stick up his rear...he really needs to loosen up because, quite frankly, a jug of kerosene, SET ON FIRE, down a water slide would be FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. did you pass this one by your new lawyer? :)

    sheer awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Thanks for the smile, Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! Just when I think you're going to be serious... Very funny:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is a great laugh. It is always witty and silly. Great post as always. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hilarious!
    If you really said that to him, I swear I would high five you right here and now.

    *high fives?*

    ReplyDelete
  16. never fails to make a smile appear on my ugly face.
    missed the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Thank you for the daily dose of laughter!! :)

    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I am just discovering your blog now! I've only read a couple of posts and I'm SOLD.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAHAHAH!! You are such a nut! (I mean that as a compliment...)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was absolutely AWESOME! i <3 your hilariousness :)

    ~Twana

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's always a judgement call to be Jack's straight man. Yet he is ridiculously funny (don't tell him I said so, will go straight to his head). BTW, I will try to get that stick removed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. *snicker* love it. Also love David's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love David's comment on here too! Good luck with the stick!

    ReplyDelete
  24. In the beginning, some of my friends sent me complicated spreadsheets to help chart progress. Uh, no – not for me; I’m the kind of guy who likes taking the easy route. As such, I scoured the Web for the best desktop tool and remembered CalorieKing. You won’t find anything easier to use. Trust me, this is the one; I can keep track of everything I eat and expend (without hassle). While the statistic-addicts will love CalorieKing for its thoroughness, the utility was truly designed with non-geeks in mind. The CalorieKing Web site and service are fine on their own, but the downloadable client is what you really want to get. Pay the registration fee, man – how much is your health worth to you?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dave sounds like he has a stick up his rear...he really needs to loosen up because, quite frankly, a jug of kerosene, SET ON FIRE, down a water slide would be FRICKIN AWESOME!!!! Given my WW record, I have to quote Jen Lancaster: "Weight Watchers can kiss the fattest part of my ass." Meanwhile, Jack, you are totally the male Jen Lancaster. You could write books like hers (ie "Such a Pretty Fat") and make a killing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Link exchange is nothing else except it is simply placing the other person's web site link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar for you.
    my site - buy african mango plus

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails