That’s where I am right now.
Ready to push myself just a little bit harder, ready to double down and get serious about my goals again.
Because I tend to sing, dance and joke so much in this space, it’s probably difficult for you to tell just how serious I am about this march toward fitness, this surge toward a better life. I kid around with you because… well, because that’s what I do, but these are my aspirations and objectives:
- I will never again let myself be defined by my greatest weakness.
- I will be smarter than I look and stronger than you think I am.
- I will strive to eat foods that are more local and healthy, less processed and chemical-filled.
- I will never again sell myself short.
- I will be honest with you in this space, but more important… I will be honest with myself in every other space I occupy.
- I will work out with zeal and zest, I will exercise with purpose and passion.
- In the future, the only time I will shop in the Big & Tall section will be when I’m getting my Uncle Stu a Christmas present.
- I will run farther tomorrow than I did today.
- I will have bad days here and there, but I can assure you that the good ones, the ones where I eat on plan, where I fight the good fight, where I keep my mind on my mission and my mission on my mind... those days will far outnumber the bad ones.
- I will not falter and I will not fail.
- This is my life, and I plan on living it to the fullest.