Thursday, October 29, 2009

Green Monster Mash



Yes, I’m sorry whoever sang “Monster Mash”

I was piddling in the kitchen early one morn,
When from my blender, a new concoction was born.
I mixed spinach and fruit, from my supplies,
And suddenly to my surprise…

I made a smoothie.
I made a Green Monster smoothie.
A monster smoothie.
It was an emerald beauty.
I made a smoothie.
It was all green and fruity.
I made a smoothie.
I made a Green monster smoothie.

From their bedrooms right up the stairs,
All my kids rushed down to get theirs’.
Cuz this beat any smoothie that they mighta fixed.
They came to get a jolt from my VitaMix.

They drank my smoothie.
They drank my Green Monster smoothie.
My monster smoothie.
It was an emerald beauty.
They stole my smoothie.
It was all green and fruity.
They drank my smoothie.
They drank my Green monster smoothie.

I whipped up one more batch.
Was ready to drink it down the hatch.
But suddenly my wife Anita,
Snatched it before I see’d her.
The scene was rockin', all were digging the taste,
Suckin’ on straws, not a drop to waste.
The glasses were piled up in the sink.
The whole family chanting, “We love this drink.”

They love my smoothie.
They love my Green Monster smoothie.
My monster smoothie.
It was an emerald beauty.
They love my smoothie.
It was all green and fruity.
They love my smoothie.
They love my monster smoothie.

Now my family they had had their fill,
So I made one more smoothie still.
I turned my head and said “Sumb*tch!”
“Whatever happened to my smoothie filled with spinach?”

Who took my smoothie?
Who took my Green Monster smoothie?
My monster smoothie.
It was an emerald beauty.
Who took my smoothie?
It was all green and fruity.
Who took my smoothie?
Who took my monster smoothie?

It turns out that I began my celebration prematurely,
Cuz my smoothie was taken by my own mother Shirley.
The recipe’s below, but give credit where credit is due.
When they ask where it came from, tell ‘em Jack Sh*t sent it to you.

You can make my smoothie.
You can make my Green Monster smoothie.
My monster smoothie.
It is an emerald beauty.
You can make my smoothie.
It was all green and fruity.
You can make my smoothie.
You can make my monster smoothie.
And have my monster smoothie.


GREEN MONSTER MASH


Ingredients


2 large handfuls fresh spinach
1 large frozen banana, cut into chunks
1 T almond butter
1 c Almond Breeze or soymilk
1 T unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
6 ice cubes


Directions

Place spinach and milk in blender. Start on low and move up to high. Add almond butter, cocoa powder and banana and blend on medium, shifting to high when it starts to come together. Add ice cubes and pulse a few times, then blending until thick.

Enjoy!

Number of Servings: 1

27 comments:

  1. I love them. Great w/ 1/2 avocado, or cocoa powder or both. They are so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does your green smoothie look so appetizing and mine looks like something the toilet brought in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to convince myself that it tastes good. It's the green thing that is holding me back. I don't know why. The green St. Patty's Day beer never seemed to bother me, but then again I was usually drunk. That always helps.

    I haven't thought about the Monster Mash in like 35 years. It was on some silly song record I had as a kid. Funny stuff Jack.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I love this!!!!!!!!!! You've seen my site right? www.greenmonstermovement.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been able to bring myself to trying one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These green smoothies are making the rounds on the blogs & everyone seems to like them! I have not tried it yet & your recipe is a bit different from others. I do not digest milk products & even that great Greek yogurt gets to me eventually so I am afraid to make these even with soy milk but I may have to some day based on all the great review no matter which recipe it is!

    Loved the take on Monster Mash by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great way to start the next few days festivities!!

    great job, once again, jack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I started to laugh when I got to the part, "glasses were piled up in the sink, the whole family chanting we love this drink."

    That sounds like our family, and the visual is just funny.

    hmm...should I make this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a great post. Cool that the family loved it. Mine won't touch the stuff if it's green lol. So we usually go with a reeses smoothie (peanut butter/chocolate protein powder). I've put the spinach in mine though and I'm with Amy mine usually looks pretty yucky not that pretty bright green yours is *smile*.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahaha That song has been stuck in my head for dayyyys :P Omg, here we go again.

    I love your version :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is my favorite take on a song yet! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude, that smoothe looks like liquefied Hulk. Intense!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jack Shit, I know you are like famous and all, but you occasionally humble us by leaving a comment on our site. Now, I hope you can understand why I has a sad.... I mean, we have a post about B.S. and you being J.S and All I was just certain we would hear from you. Throw a kitteh a bone or a treat....... sniffle....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'm the only one that hasn't tried a Green Monster yet....so glad someone finally gave me the damn recipe!!! Thanks Jack, and I love the song! It was a real hoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Somehow, somewhere, Boris Karloff would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just can't bring myself to try one of those Green Monsters. I'm just a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too funny! I'll have to try this! It sounds like a smoothie I'd like. I might put in some cacao nibs instead of the cocoa powder though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is it sad I know who sang the original? Bobby "Boris" Picket and the Cryptkickers. And the fact that I had a discussion about this song just last week...oh boy.

    I don't know if I'm brave enough to try the recipe but I am thoroughly enjoying the parody!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Monster Mash! In keeping with the season! Perfect!

    Those green things are all over blogdom! And now a recipe!

    I will be forced to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds so yummy. I love green smoothies. A good friend of mine holds green smoothie workshops.

    Now I want one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm going to take a pass on this one. But I loved the song.

    ReplyDelete
  22. One of my favorite posts to date Jack! I am a Green Smoothie Virgin thus far. I am like FD, can't quite get over the green thing but your recipie sounds delish.

    Happy Halloween Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Monster Mash! The song, haven't tried the smoothie yet, but I'm gonna.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Green Monsters, and have them almost every day for breakfast. I like that you added almond butter for a bit more protein. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love me a green monster. just don't love hauling out the blender and then washing it. :)

    great song for this Hallowed week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd been thinking about making a green smoothie for a few weeks and just never got around to it. I guess all I needed was a song! I tried your recipe (modified only cuz of my lack of supplies) and it was delicious!!! Thanks Jack Sh*t! Loving my smoothie!! ... and loving your blog! You're the sh*t!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails