Friday, February 24, 2012
Health Tips for Pregnant Ladies
• Calcium is very important so make sure to get plenty of low-fat/ nonfat milk, fortified soymilk or Milky Way bars in your diet.
• All fish contains mercury, a toxic metal that can cause serious nervous system damage, so whatever you do, don’t go fishing!
• Focus on iron-rich foods, such as iron casserole, chicken-fried iron or iron rings.
• It’s okay to drink alcohol while pregnant, just as long as you don’t mind a few irreversible birth defects.
• This isn’t the time to experiment with crazy, unbalanced diets. Wait until the baby is born to try that new “Donut and Dishwater” diet.
• You should definitely not smoke during pregnancy; however, if you insist on smoking, smoke one of those long Lord of the Rings pipes because I think that would be kind of funny.
• Eat foods high in folic acid but avoid foods high in regular acid.
• If your water breaks, that's a sign that it's time to leave the blackjack table (unless you're really on a hot streak).
• Do not partake in anything that can raise your body temperature too high, such as hot tubs, saunas or watching me dance around the living room in my little cowboy outfit.