Thursday, February 2, 2012

Two Stories About Two Frogs

Once there were these two frogs in fell into a bucket of milk. One struggled for a bit, but quickly realized that fighting would do no good and gave up. He sank to the bottom of the bucket and drowned. However, the second frog decided that he was going to give up without a fight, so he kicked and swam with all his might. Much to his surprise, his constant churning turned the cream into butter and he was able to hop out of the bucket.

Moral: Never stop fighting.

Once there were these two frogs who fell into a patch of quicksand. The first one decided that he wasn’t going to give up without a fight, so he kicked and swam with all his might. Much to his surprise, his constant churning sent him straight to the bottom of the pit where he promptly drowned. The second frog quickly realized that fighting would do no good, so he calmly stretched out and made no movement. His lack of motion allowed him to float on the surface of the quicksand, and eventually, he eased himself to the edge of the pit.

Moral: Stop fighting... no... that's terrible. Ummm, how about "Never play near quicksand"?

9 comments:

  1. And now for the fried frog legs - in buttah!
    This Primal Twist reaches far and wide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks to Anne's comment I'm skipping breakfast. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To paraphrase Mark Twain - "Eat a live frog every morning and nothing worse will happen to you (or the frog)for the rest of the day". This is also a good diet tip. I know that after a breakfast like that, I wouldn't want to eat ANYTHING.
    Great post as always Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love what you do and what you do will love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU'RE IT JACK...I tagged ya! Come see my post today! lol I know how much you love these!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also was disappointed with the lack of a link to a healthy frog recipe.

    @Over 40 - I use that phrase all the time and very few people seem to know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the moral of both stories is "Know what you're up against."

    You know me to have a fighting spirit -- but while dealing with my back injuries the "fight" is actually trying to be okay with doing no exercise. Right now I'm the second frog. While I might not be struggling agaisnt the quicksand, you better bet that I'm fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails