Sunday, February 19, 2012

6 Month Check-Up


Weekly weigh-in: 251.4
 
Loss: +1.o


Total loss: -4o.1

Emotion: Craptastic

It’s crazy, but for a while there I was actually looking forward to going to the dentist.

Each time I went, everyone at the dental office kicked up a fuss about how much weight I had lost.

Even when you’re successful, it’s sometimes difficult for friends, family and co-workers to notice the slow and steady changes you’re making in yourself. But for folks that see you once every six months, it’s different.

Six months ago, I realized that nobody was complimenting my progress. I told myself, “Next time it’s gonna be different.”

Only next time came kind of swiftly, and that same disappointment washed over me as I entered the office.

No cavities.

No progress.

It’s time to open wide and say “AYYYYYYHHHHHHHHHHH!”

5 comments:

  1. It is so hard for us to open wide and say anything when we are stuffing our mouths with food. Great thing about the dentist - I cannot eat there and they never offer me candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I enjoyed going to the eye doctor. They don't see me that often and they noticed the big change. When I went last month though they didn't say a word. Then I realized I looked the same as last time (hadn't gained, hadn't lost)so what's to talk about?
    Just keep up the good work Jack - and let's not see any more of those plus signs. I'm watching you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack - is it the food you are having probs with - can't keep that consistent? The food is such a big part of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's our minds we have to fix or maybe we just need our jaws wired shut lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a material!

    existing here at this website, thanks admin of this web page.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - 부산오피

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails