Monday, June 6, 2011

Amazing

Do you ever feel as though this journey you’re on is a maze, that you’re confounded and confused at every turn? One day you you’re making good progress; another day you’ve run smack-dab into an unforgiving obstacle.

There’s a simple trick, you know, to even the most elaborate labyrinth; it turns out that if you stretch out your right hand and keep your fingertips brushing against the wall of the maze, and simply move forward––no matter your pace–you’ll eventually make it to the exit.

It’s not necessarily the fastest way out, but it will get you through without the worry of getting turned around or lost. Best of all, it works every single time.

I’ll admit that I’ve lost my way more than once in my quest for better health, but I eventually remember the simple rules that always lead me back to where I want to be.

Eat a little less, eat a little more healthy, exercise more.

I put my hand out and touch the wall.

I walk forward, confident that it works.

Every single time.

15 comments:

  1. It works if you work it - so work it .....
    As they say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, eat a little less, eat a little more healthy, exercise more does work and its quite the opposite that makes us overweight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote this? I have chills. So thoughtful.
    We were talking about whether you funny people had the "serious" too at your Fitbloggin' presentation. You do, and deep and thoughtful. Wow, you are a Jack of all trades, Mr. Sh*t!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby steps. Yep. Yep. I've always got one hand on the wall myself. Great analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Did not know that trick...

    P/S: finally got my postcard from Baltimore the other day...Big Puppy's response....

    Hey..you got Jack's autograph!

    NOW that is a motivator RIGHT there! Thanks! for absolutely EVERYTHING you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome way to put it - keep on movin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you say losing the weight was harder or doing this maintenance thang?
    Or were/are they each challenging in their own way?
    Were you expecting maintenance to be easier than it is?

    Since I'm still working on the losing part of things, I'd like to know what I'm in for and if there's anything at all I can do to avoid the bigger bumps in the road.

    It's fantastic that you're still going at it, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! Ironically enough, I lost my way a little after getting home from fitbloggin. Only a small 2 pound-ish gain, but I'm back to the things I know I need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great! I can then safely text message with my phone. Take that Johnny Law!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are a wiseman of diet blogology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love labyrinths. Great analogy... I sure feel like I'm in a maze now with all that's all going on. Thanks.

    Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!
    I'm a visual learner, so I will now literally be putting out my right hand when I feel lost and/or confused.
    It's reminds me of one of my favorite quotes ... "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." (Roosevelt)

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, now I feel stupid for getting lost in that corn maze last year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One step at a time with awareness. I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails