Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jack & Jen (with Vacation Pix)

Any list of history's great couples... Cleopatra and Marc Anthony, Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara, Brad and Angelina... would have to include Jack Sh*t and DirectLife Coach Jen. Fate has thrown us together as I give a trial run to the Philips DirectLife activity monitor, a fascinating little gizmo that... um... monitors activity. You can find out more about it by... uh... Googling it yourself...

Hi Jack,

I really hope that you are doing well today. In looking at your DirectLife Plan it seems that you are really on track in terms of hitting your targets relatively consistently. Certainly in the week view you are right on track.

Now that you are 10 weeks into the Plan I want to know if you feel that you are closer to reaching your goals...remember...the most active man in the USA. I do check in on your blog on occasion and I must say that your commitment to yourself and to all the people who view your blog is outstanding. So, really I'm just checking in to say
hello, compliment you on your great initiative and to find out from you about your experience so far.

I look forward to hearing from you when you have some time,

Jen


DirectLife Coach Jen,

Sorry not to get back to you in a timely manner, but I was working on trying to come up with an answer to the question: "What's a question with no answer called?" It's had me scratching my head all morning (should have taped my activity monitor to my wrist, I suppose).

I just got back from a trip to Glacier National Park in Montanna, DirectLife Coach Jen. I've attached the pictures because I knew you'd want to be the first to see 'em...


In my part of the world, snow in July doesn't generally happen...

This is a little thing I like to call "Nature".

I think these are mountain lions, but I could be mistaken...

Riiiiiiiiiiii-cola!

Apparently this was from a wildlife calendar...


Ditto.
Me and my wife Anita.

My daughter Pisa is head over heels happy about playing in snow.

Pisa wanted to adopt this one...


Our rockin' little cabin in the woods.


The only problem was the teeny-tiny TV.
I simply won't take a lot of flack from Canadians...


Yes, that white stuff we're tromping around in is snow. Dumbass that I am, I got on a shuttle wearing shorts and a t-shirt because it was sunny and warm where we parked. A half hour later, we're hiking through foot-deep frozen precipitation. Luckily they sold sweatshirts in the gift shop.

Have you ever had homemade huckleberry ice cream, DirectLife Coach Jen? My daughter Pisa and I were all over that stuff. I had the misguided notion that since I was hiking all over mountain trails, I could eat whatever the hell I wanted. This may come as a shock to you, DirectLife Coach Jen, but that simply isn't the case.

I was happy to see that you guys put a weight loss tracker on the DirectLife site now. I haven't started using it yet because I'm still working on that unanswerable answer, but it's on my to-do list (right under "make to-do list").

And let's make a deal, DirectLife Coach Jen: I'll work on continuously raising my activity level to meet my self-stated goal ("most active man in USA") and you increase the frequency of reading my blog ("On occasion?
On occasion?").

Ten weeks? It only seems like two and a half months to me...

Take care,

Jack

34 comments:

  1. Hidden Lake (which is what that looks like) is gorgeous. I should have gone there with my kids and parents instead of taking the High Line, LOL.

    Looks like you all had *almost* as good a time as my family and I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you couldn't find a life coach with the name Jill. That would be fun! :)

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of you and Anita... that's one to hang over the mantelpiece fo sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics - the tiny TV pick cracked me up...LOL

    I think you really could make your own calendar...totally breath-taking pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome pics. My folks did glacier last year. This year we did the manufactured vacation in Orlando, but I'd love to get them out to some of the national parks.

    Did the tiny TV come with a tiny remote? I'd hate to think you had to get up to change channels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics and thanks for the laughs! I needed them this morning. :) Gotta look into that direct life coach thing! While I'm quite certain I couldn't entertain mine in the same way you do yours, I think that might be some kind of crazy great accountability for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally distracted by the thought of snow and the image of you wearing a JACKET. We're facing our 12th day in a row of 100+ temperatures...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this. You're hilarious. ;) Glad you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow. This former Michigander turned Tarheel is marveling at the snow. In August.

    Fantastic pics, and Anita is a total hotass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had a good vacation! Those are some beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so skinny in those picks! Nice job man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) Luv the pics...luv the emails w/ Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pics Jack. Only you could provide entertaining vacation photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your family with us, too!

    -jafg

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Just in case you think there is snow where I live, it was still 99 degrees here last night at 10 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would KILL for snow right now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's the most conspicuous campsite I've ever seen. Sweet! Where's the billboard?

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are hilarious....and simply wont take a lot of flack from Canadians?!HAHAH...awesome pics jack :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous scenery. Looks like a fantastic vacation. There's some snow here in July. Up on the highest peaks - the glaciers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so funny, i freaking LOVE your blog.

    Love the pics - looks like your family has a lot of fun together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one of my favorite parts of your blog. You are so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Priceless - lovin all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Pics... I am going to Glacier in September

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so caught up in the pics that it is all I can comment on.. beautiful.. what a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow...that was beautiful...and I totally would have eaten that huckleberry icecream...mostly because I have never had a huckleberry and my favorite line in just about any movie was val kilmer as Doc holliday in Tombstone where he says "I'm your Hucklebetrry."
    so you get a free pass on that one.
    That mounty was cute BTW.
    You probably didn't notice.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Btw...I like a man who won't talk back...and that mounty will never ever talk back.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Especially after the dressing down I gave him...

    ReplyDelete
  28. What Mountie? Did I miss something? Always the last to catch the joke *sigh*

    My favourite picture is the mountain lions that's after the family ones of course.

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning pictures you have there. I love all the photos that you capture. You are a funny man. I also love the mountains and the snowy area that you have been.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails