Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bad Bod

With apologies to Shel Silverstein...

Whosever body this is should be ashamed!
Big rolls are hanging off the side.
His double chin’s triple, he moves like a cripple.
And his rear end’s becoming more squishy and wide.
His fat thighs are wedged in his work pants,
His belly hangs down to his knees.
From his ears to his colon his whole body’s swollen
He doesn’t eat anything not covered with cheese.
His shirts are all ill-fitting and snug.
Flabby arms, yep–he’s sure got ‘em.
There’s fat on his neck, his body’s a wreck,
He’s obese from his top to his bottom.
Whosever body this is should be ashamed!
Just gaze there in the mirror--
Huh? You say it's mine? Oh, dear,
I knew it looked familiar!

11 comments:

  1. It's yours? I thought it was mine? I mean you can have it, I don't want mine anymore. Gett'n rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a minute I thought it was me but nah the breasts are too big to be me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah.... gettin' rid of it.

    I am always astounded by your ability to write poetry. I thought it was a lost art!

    Thanks Jack!

    WeighDownSouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. hmmm...jack, when did become sumo?
    just a question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and that David is starting to grow on me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, just curious...where did you get my before pic??????

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to know some talent lies
    underneath your fat disguise.
    I've heard you rhyme about the diet
    and have to say you're quite a riot.
    So shocking, so surreal and crass,
    You have me laughing off my...
    (um, I need a rhyme for crass... dang, I can't think of one!)
    I hope that soon your mirror shows
    a thinner you from head to toes!
    (and it's finally over.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think high school sophomores should study this one in English class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, I'm having trouble getting past the picture! Whoa!!! and Ewww!!! all in one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LIKE SHEL
    I LOOOOVE PRELUTSKY.

    waits eagerly for todays post with the Fatass.

    is sad she will be on the handheld at that point :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails