Friday, January 10, 2014

There Is No “I” in “Jack Sh*t”

I’m pretty sure that there are millions of new readers around here (I don’t trust Google Analytics; I utilize a slightly less scientific method called “basing it on a hunch”), so I thought this would be a good opportunity to introduce myself to you.

I’m just a normal guy that sits behind a desk and does normal-type work for a living. Sound interesting? YOU BET IT IS! 

Sometimes it’s so interesting that I sit in one place–unmoving–for hours at a time. This dedication to physical inactivity, plus a sincere love of putting food in my mouth, chewing it up and then swallowing it, has caused me to gain back some of the weight that I worked so hard to lose over the past few years.

Not to fret…

I’m back in the saddle (I’ve found sitting in a saddle is better for my back than sitting in a regular office chair - go figure), and I’m improving my diet and exercise regimen (now my exercise regimen actually includes exercise!). 

Fortunately, I’m blogging more regularly, too. And more irregularly (which, unfortunately, is a function of me blogging more regularly). 

And I’m trying to do a better job of reading others’ blogs as well (so do me a solid and leave your site’s URL in the comments).

If you’d like, you can connect with me on Twitter or Facebook or just shoot me an email at jacksh.tgettinfit@gmail.com. I’m also on LinkedIn for no good reason, have a Pinterest account I rarely update and am on Google+ (if that’s still a thing). Please note, my eHarmony profile has been deleted due to the fact that the heavy traffic it was generating kept crashing the site’s servers.

I kind of lost my mojo last year, but thankfully found an app (“Find My Mojo”) that located it for me (it had fallen behind the couch). 

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I’m here to stay.


Hope you are, too.

15 comments:

  1. Jack, I like your attitude and I love the fact that the temporary loss-of-mojo hasn't sent you running for the hills (or hiding behind the couch, if running is too much effort). I found you through comments on others' blogs, and have been going through your archives - great stuff. (In fact, I even cited one of your old posts in one of mine!) Thanks for the funny, real, sometimes-tough look at this journey your provide.

    ~Lauren
    laurenlearnsliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you blogging more regularly again! Happy New Year!

    sunnytropic26.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not sure I'd call it "regularly"... but thanks.

      Delete
  3. Have loved following you for the past couple years now! Excited you found your mojo again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always crack me up! Don't ever stop!

    Love when you visit my site and leave comments! 2014 is gonna be a good year! Glad you found yo mojo! Sounds like a new rap song Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoy reading your posts. The comedic approach you use to life in general is very commendable. We all need to laugh and just enjoy life in general. I still think your clown post f is going to haunt my dreams. Actually, it did last night.... LOL. Keep posting and I'll keep reading.

    http://the-best-me-2014.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Okay, my first attempt at commenting disappeared so here it is again…)

    Jack, I have the same type of exciting job as you do! After sitting all day at my desk, it takes a real effort to go to the gym instead of going home, where I sit all evening before I go to bed. But I know I need to make that effort, so I will.

    http://notes-by-grace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your site Jack and never miss a post but some articles just defy comment! Too much perfection? Too much WTF?? I'm not sure but, always fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found my mojo again too! Glad to be joining that bandwagon with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading along for years...I think I have had at least three blogs up and down in the time I have been reading yours. Still here and rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you back at it Jack! I started following you way back in 2010 when I lost 85 pounds. We shared a few random exchanges If I do recall. Anyways, I too am now back in the saddle (and hey, what do you know, it IS more comfortable!) and trying to live a healthier lifestyle/lose the SIXTY pounds I put on while I was pregnant this past year. I am blogging (sort of) at www.hotmessmommy.wordpress.com if you are interested. Yep, that's the title, and no, I'm not ashamed! I really am a hot mess. Sometimes, minus the hot.

    Welcome back to the game sir! I look forward to blog stalking you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it...glad you found your lost mojo! There's an app for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know who I am! :) http://truth2beingfit.com/ I have not been the best with keeping up these days but I will try... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am friggin crying over here, Bahahahahahahah. we need more people like you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails