Sunday, January 12, 2014

Less Is Moi

At the risk of being completely offensive, let me just say this:  there’s nothing more retarded than getting restarted.

I spent a whole, entire, seven-days-in-a-row week of eating a little less, eating a little healthier and exercising a little more. 

I was health-bent on making some positive changes in my day-to-day life.

I took the stairs at work (and I don’t mean just doing down!).

I cooked some vegetable soup (leaving out the candy corn), and packed one bag with my lunch and the other bag with my gym clothes (one smelled really bad and the other one smelled like dirty clothes). 

I did more right than not right.

I did less wrong than not wrong.

I woke up motivated.

I went to bed hungry.

I wasn’t perfect (Lord knows...).

But I was better.

How’d that work out for me, you ask? 


THE WEEKLY PHYSIQUELY

Weight when I first started blogging: 291.5 lbs
Last week’s weight: 270 lbs
Current weight: 267.6 lbs
Loss: 2.4 lbs
Total loss since start of new year: 2.4 lbs

Goal for coming week: Don’t be a one-week wonder!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Jack! I've been following your blog for (damn!) years, now. I was here at 248 lbs, where I started, and now at 148lbs (which I wouldn't call an "end" but it's a long way in the positive direction, haha). I just wanted to say that I've received a ton of inspiration from your blog and the "blogroll" on the side of your screen. I often feel like I'm on a roller coaster with weight loss- ups and down, setbacks and comebacks- and I wanted to say how inspiring and comforting it is to see someone face similar hurdles of choosing good eating and exercise habits. Thanks for being such an inspiration and I'm ready to knock week 2 out of the park with ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GSV you weight loss is incredible. I am in a very good place myself I am 5'9" and 155lbs and feeling so good. I started a whole food plant based diet 2 years ago and started at 180lbs. For me the weight is not thee biggest accomplishment. The biggest accomplishment is that I cleaned the junk out of my system and I have been sick since, not even a cold. the weight loss is a plus though. Keep up your good work, you too Jack!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's impressive (the sustained weight loss, not the fact that you've read my blog for years... that's beyond impressive!). Thanks for your ongoing support and best of luck on your continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atta boy, here's hoping for another great week. You can do it! I'm writing this to get myself set up for a good week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with more right than not right. That's what it takes! Hoping I can achieve the same

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do this!!!! Hey, you are not back where you started - a win!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails