Thursday, November 22, 2012
Thanksgiving Survival Guide
• A lower-calorie alternative to gravy is a couple of tablespoons of dirty dishwasher.
• Instead of pumpkin pie, try eating just a slice of pumpkin pie.
• Try to refrain from eating a turkey leg during the pre-meal prayer.
• Keep a dozen marbles in your mouth during the entire meal; it’ll slow down your eating and allow you to savor the flavors.
• Provide the person next to you a loaded handgun and instruct them to shoot you in the head if you eat too many yams.
• Instead of “passing” dishes, run around the table with them at top speed.
• Gnawing on a raw sweet potato during the meal will take the edge off your hunger.
• You can burn a bunch of post-meal calories if you can figure out some way to do bicycle kicks while napping.
• Instead of extra stuffing, try eating the floral centerpiece instead.
• Instead of mashed potatoes, how about an enormous helping of mashed nothing?
• In the spirit of the season, let’s all take a moment of quiet reflection and give thanks for my blog.