Monday, October 1, 2012

You Mean Jack Sh*t To Me



Here’s the thing: “Jack Sh*t” means nothing.

Nada.

Zilch.

“You don’t know Jack Sh*t.”

“I ain’t got Jack Sh*t”

“That don’t mean Jack Sh*t to me.”

Except…

Except I like to think that we’ve changed the meaning of those words, you and I.

Over the past few years, I’ve tried to make it about a pilgrimage towards better health, sometimes charging and sometimes stumbling but always pointed towards a better place.

And you’ve helped make it stick by visiting me here from time to time and supporting what I’m trying to do because… well, you’re on a journey towards a better, healthier place, too.

Sometimes charging.

Sometimes stumbling.

Charging and stumbling, stumbling and charging, we’re getting up each morning and greeting our day with focus and commitment. We're not perfect... God knows I'm not and I'd bet big that you aren't either... but our hearts are in the right place even if our belts are currently resting in the wrong notch.

We are on a journey, each in our own way, each at our own pace, and if there are others out there who don’t get what we’re trying to do… well…

They don’t know me.

They don’t know you.

They don’t know Jack Sh*t.

16 comments:

  1. Amen Brother. Amen!

    UnlimitedUtah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a journey - our won journey but in it together too! Love Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But didn't you choose "jack sh*t" because of that definition? Love how it all ties in, and how people who think they know us, really don't. Thanks. Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Vee. Nice to see you again. I did choose "jack sh*t" because that's what I knew about losing weight. But like me, the reasons are changing over time. Hope you're doing well.

      Delete
  4. You mean that's not your real name? Then I don't know Jack Sh*t:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's right! They don't know our struggle unless they have it themselves. So, I appreciate the opinion offered, yet not asked for....I normally chock it up to "they don't know jack!" but they mean well. You are inspiring (and funny as hell)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep we're going along at our own pace but in it together :) Glad you're here Jack :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well said!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one bud. One day at a time and never give in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for acknowledging the stumbling and charging. Right now I am a classic example of this. It is good to know I am not alone with this crazy (but satisfying) journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know Jack Sh*t, and I love Jack Sh*t. For the laughs and also for the Getting It.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exactly. Stumbling, charging, crawling, staring... always forward.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect, there is only one perfect thing I ever saw. Do I really need to say what it is, or was? Well in case anyone somehow forgot, the only perfect thing I've seen is that poster of Farrah Fawcett in a one-piece red bathing suit; perfect! The rest of us, not perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails