Sunday, October 14, 2012

If Every Day Were Like Today...

For the past couple of weeks, I've been using an app called My Fitness Pal to track my food.

Tracking has taught me an important lesson:  I really hate tracking food.

But I'm doing it.

Not because the app makes tracking ridiculously easy (though the app makes tracking ridiculously easy).

Not because I don't have supreme confidence in my "guesstimation" skills (though it turns out my guesstimation skills are severely lacking... 1/4 cup of granola is one serving? WTF?).

No, it's the little message that pops up when you close out each day's tracking.

"If every day were like today," the app proclaims, "in 5 weeks, your weight would be..."  and then a number that makes your eyebrows go up.

Five weeks.

I don't know about you but I already have meetings set for five weeks out.

Five weeks isn't forever away.

Five weeks is barely more than a month.

Five weeks will go by...

Just.

Like.

That.

Today is going to be a good day.

Tomorrow's going to be like today.

Check back with me in five weeks.


THE WEEKLY PHYSIQUELY
Last week: 242.8
Loss: 1.8 lbs

12 comments:

  1. Ha! I just started using it this week and love that. My other favorite part are the bonus calories for working out. Best incentive ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that feature on MFP...but it's annoying when your body doesn't always respond to straight calories in vs calories out. Then it turns into "YOU LIED TO ME, MFP!" and I get angsty. I guess that's why you shouldn't trust everything you read on the internet, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sold!! I am trying it today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! and yes i agree about the "if everyday were like today" thing really keeps me going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love MFP:) (lisasdoinit is my name there if you want to add me!)

    i've managed to track accurately 3 days in a row - a night out at a restaurant last night threw me off but I'm back at it today! I love the "scan the barcode" part of the app!

    See you in 5 weeks Jack!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MFP. I have been using it off and on for the past few months, but just got serious about it this week. It's awesome. Plus, the scan the barcode is HEAVEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my favorite part, too. And how it doesn't belittle you when you go over your calories every single day. It just changes that 5 week number. Much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on MFP for three years. I've lost 100 pounds and kept it off for over a year. Logging in has become as routine as brushing my teeth or washing my hands. Yeah, the app makes it ridiculously easy, a food scale right by the cupboard helps too. It takes less time to log what I eat then it does to eat it. Although, sometimes that's a close race.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS on the weight loss & hanging in there & not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I was loving that app, now I just got tired of keeping track. It could also be that I pretty much eat the same foods everyday. Once the eye is trained to know the right portion size, it gets easier I feel.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails