Wednesday, January 4, 2012
I'm Feeling a Little (Health) Tipsy
• Trade your power mower for a push version. If you already use a push mower, trade it in for a push mower that doesn’t have wheels.
• Instead of a glass of orange juice, which may be may be heat processed, watered down, sugared up and stored for a year, why not just drink an orange?
• One way to eat less pork is to raise a baby pig, letting it become your very best friend, and then take him on a field trip to a slaughterhouse.
• You can make good-for-you “Fruit Loops” by looping fresh fruit.
• In order to save calories, instead of 12 ounces of your favorite dish, try eating 11 ounces.
• Did you know that cheese dip isn’t really that unhealthy for your diet, according to a study published in Mexican Restaurant magazine?
• Got some old mushy bananas? Try going to the store and getting some new fresh bananas.
• Adopt the motto “after 8 is too late” for snacks after dinner, as well as the mottos “replace your Skittles with healthy vittles” and “losing weight won’t be so exhausting if you don’t eat that can of frosting.”