Total loss: -86.4
It's a proven scientific fact proven by scientists: it's a lot easier for women to lose weight than it is for men.
For example, it's not uncommon for a woman to lose seven or eight pounds in a single day after giving birth.
And look at the other obstacles men have to stare down in their struggles with the scale.
- Men are paid more than women (often for the same job) so that means we have a lot more disposable income with which to buy corn chips, pizza rolls and Starbursts.
- Men are also targeted with highly effective advertising campaigns that force us to purchase products that are no good for us.
- Men don’t have that handy “it’s my special lady-time” excuse.
- The NBA Finals. The World Cup. The U.S. Open at Pebble Beach... there are so many events where men are forced to sit on our asses and watch every freakin' minute on the off chance that other men ask us if we saw an important play.
- Men like beer.
- Women get a lot of cardio activity by cleaning the house, doing the laundry, cooking meals and cutting the lawn. It’s really not fair to men, I tell you.
Do me a favor: please don’t embarrass yourself by trying to poke holes in my “losing weight is easier for women” argument either. I thought about turning comments off for this post, but I didn’t want to rob you of your opportunity to congratulate me on my loss.
Okay, give it to me (the praise, I mean…)